Six pack? Only in the cooler!

DFIB

Honestly, I eat like crap, I don't exercise on a regular basis, and I smoke cigarettes. I'm 5'10" and about 155 lbs, but I know I'm at major risk for a heart attack someday (only 25 right now). I can't seem to find the motivation to go to the gym on a regular basis, though I used to work out regularly.

My ideal weight would be 6'1 and 250.

I think if it was any lower than 250 and I'd be sickly looking and jsut a bag of bones.

I hear you! I'm 6'7" and 280lbs. I'm working on dropping down to about 265-70 which is still in the "obese" category for BMI (believe me when I tell you I am not obese nor anything close). What is funny though is I have to weigh 221 just to tip over into "normal" BMI. If I weighed 221, everyone would think I had just escaped from a concentration camp!

Edited by cprted

Bieber! I'm gonna kick your arse. Smoking?! Shame! Lol...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Physical fitness is a key component for EMS providers in the field. It is also possibly one of the areas that is most neglected. I hear guys post that they are no longer in the field because of injury. I read of the high incidence of emergency workers and on the job heart attacks.

How often do you work out?

How often do you do cardio and how often do you lift weights?

Are you happy with your workout regimen?

I kick box 2 times a week

I do a morning workout of crunches and sit ups with a medicine ball

Yep I am pretty happy

I have been blessed with a strong body, have never had a back injury, and have always been fairly active. I live 5 minutes from the Pacific Ocean and walk it when I have a chance. I must admit in the winter months I am less active than in the summer. The summer here we have daylight until about 11:30 at night.

At the gym lifting 4-5 times a week. Consequently I deadlift 560lb for reps, squat 320, but only bench 260 (I hate chest). I'm 6'2" and 250lb. I really need to do more cardio. I really hate cardio. I hate cardio with a passion that is barely human. I hate cardio so much I now have explosive diarrhoea just thinking about it.

On the plus side I eat moderately well (with the occasional night shift take out meal, but calories consumed on night shifts don't count), I very seldom drink and have never smoked.

Bieber! I'm gonna kick your arse. Smoking?! Shame! Lol...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I know, I know... I need to quit (but predictably won't, at least not for the foreseeable future, 'cause that's what smokers do). At least I'm not a coke fiend, I guess?

It is very cool to see so many who are taking care of their well being. I personally haven't gotten in to a good routine as far as the exercise goes but I am pleased as punch to say that over the last few years, I have dropped over 60 lbs - 6 sizes and most of my boobs. I officially have a prior hx of obesity, high cholesterol and pre-diabetes. Don't drink...don't smoke...but still sneak a sweet treat now and then. As of this morning compared to January 1st of this year...I have maintained my weight loss, not having gained (or lost) a pound.

In school, we had a to take 2 semesters of weight training to graduate. Since then, I have a gym membership which does nothing more than lighten my wallet each month. And, I was "running/walking" with my husband, but I'm finding issues with my joints that has put a hinder to that. Old age sucks.

I hear you! I'm 6'7" and 280lbs. I'm working on dropping down to about 265-70 which is still in the "obese" category for BMI (believe me when I tell you I am not obese nor anything close). What is funny though is I have to weigh 221 just to tip over into "normal" BMI. If I weighed 221, everyone would think I had just escaped from a concentration camp!

Do you figure your BMI with a wII? I am convinced that the WII is configured to the asian build and genetics. For anglo men with some beef in the shoulders I find that the WII wants to call us obese.

I kick box 2 times a week

I do a morning workout of crunches and sit ups with a medicine ball

Yep I am pretty happy

I have been blessed with a strong body, have never had a back injury, and have always been fairly active. I live 5 minutes from the Pacific Ocean and walk it when I have a chance. I must admit in the winter months I am less active than in the summer. The summer here we have daylight until about 11:30 at night.

You are a Kick boxer! You might just be my new hero!

It is very cool to see so many who are taking care of their well being. I personally haven't gotten in to a good routine as far as the exercise goes but I am pleased as punch to say that over the last few years, I have dropped over 60 lbs - 6 sizes and most of my boobs. I officially have a prior hx of obesity, high cholesterol and pre-diabetes. Don't drink...don't smoke...but still sneak a sweet treat now and then. As of this morning compared to January 1st of this year...I have maintained my weight loss, not having gained (or lost) a pound.

In school, we had a to take 2 semesters of weight training to graduate. Since then, I have a gym membership which does nothing more than lighten my wallet each month. And, I was "running/walking" with my husband, but I'm finding issues with my joints that has put a hinder to that. Old age sucks.

Felicitations amiga! Loosing weight is one thing but keeping it off is an entire different situation. You can be proud of yourself!

I am with you on the over 40 stretch! It takes twice the work to get half the results.

I am 5'7'' and weigh 185 but wear 32'' waist in wrangler jeans. Two years ago I was around 210-215.

The Wii measures me as obese but I think the Asians are trying to mess with my head. The Wii had to have been designed by a bunch of skinny rice and fish eaters.

I work out lifting weights 5 times a week for about 1 1/2 hours each day when the schedule permits. I hate cardio and really need to get back to running.

My biggest concern at this point is being in good enough shape to compete in the job market with the younger whippersnappers. Being "older" is kind of scary when moving into a new job description.

Edited by DFIB

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.