Celebrity's Personal Paramedic

NCIS for the win.

I also had the hots for Kate when she was on. Lauren Holly is pretty nice too.

Abby is hot in a Goth hotness sense.

But Ziva is my top choice to be my date of the century unless Catherine Bell comes through. I did find a soft core video of Catherine Bell in a very unknown movie which just made her my top choice of all time.

Turnip you have had the experience of working on a holly wood set, I would take this job just for the adventure. We are talking entourage here! It would be fun for a little bit. If I could keep the car when I got tired of it all I would sign on for a period of time!

Dear WTF:

My advice unsolicited would be go through a EMS provider that has experience dealing with this "culture" and do a damn good check list in gear before going to a developing nation, sure its awesome to have all the drugs required but when you have a flash box and cant even see a rhythm strip well just saying, having Procain, Lydo, and Amnio and a few meds in Spanish only i.e. nembutal) Long story short we called it the "SHORT CODE" , rusty old Russian O2 tanks can be a challenging to fill as well, from welding O2 fractional installation of dubious quality.

If you phone the office to request some "pads" and the office tells you to just go to the 711 and tampons are cheaper ..ps no 24 hour anything is some "remote settings" well you just got to wonder wtf ?

Best part is the rhum for $3.50 a bottle (for the good stuff) and 50 cents for "bush rum" ... well that's if you bring your own empty bottle and the cola made from cane sugar is to die for LOL .

cheers

oh yes read up on stinging marine critters the box jelly fish, Iracongi and Portuguese man o war and nasty things called Botflys .. not a lot of education in our programs in Kanukistan on those topics .. come to think of it Malaria, Dysentery, Yellow fever +++

.... enjoy ! :punk:

Oh oh oh never sign a contract with your "bonus" is the majority of your wage and the proviso being paid upon going to completion with a 7 day notice for the employer i.e. "your services are no longer required" BUT you but you have to give them 30 days notice .... ok ...some lesson's learned. :whistle: btw the Rhum cushioned the blow to the ego LOL.

Edited by tniuqs
  • Like 1

Just one more use for DUCT tape !

The you tube vid is not quite correct, the tape should be occlusive, because the botfly needs access to the environment for oxygen (just a pin hole) so after one to 2 days it MUST be extracted. If its dead then the chance of removing it in its entirety is far better opportunity, without really needing to say, the retained bits an pieces of body parts can cause a very serious infection very similar to tick removal (the head pops off) in the Rocky Mountains .. ps I have a trick learned from an old horsemen in Jasper for that too.

:icecream:

Use a wooden match .. struck then blown out when red hot, quickly touch the backside of the engorged tick and it will releases its grip, la viola .

Well, most of the set medics I know around here do not use a fraction of their skills. They don't have anywhere near the full range of supplies you would on rig- mostly BLS capabilities. Mostly it's bandaids, wraps, ice, OTC analgesics and antacids(self service since we cannot hand them out), etc. Yes, you would have an AED with first line meds, but generally you are there to know when to escalate the situation and transport someone so it's your knowledge base, and assessment skills they are looking for. This way there's no scope of practice issues to worry about. Yes, some sets also hire rigs to be on standby, but it depends on the budget and the type of film they are shooting.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.