Getting involved.

jmnttylfsv

Hello there fellow emtcitiers,

I was looking around the web trying to find some information on EMS that I could read and get updated with on my down time and I came across this wonderful, for a lack of better words, place. I am Jamny, an EMT working for a private ambulance company in South florida. I live in Miami, but I don't only work there. The company I work for has many stations all over Fl, I work out of both Dade and Broward county. I became an EMT exactly one year ago, and i've been working for nine months now. I am the enthusiastic, give it her all, always hyper, partner. I currently work 12 hour overnight shifts three days a week, but i am always on call. I love this profession and respect everyone that's part of it. It takes some real good souls to do what we do. Of course there are some that do it for all the wrong reasons, but those of us who do it for ALL the right reasons are very special. I love science and medicine. When I was younger I wanted to be a Physician. I started college as a Biology major, spent two years taking classes and then I signed up for an EMT program to add to my Med School application. Through out the time of the EMT class I fell in love. Not with a boy, but with this wonderful career. After some twist and turns, and a lot of interacting with nurses, physicians, and healthcare providers in general, i've decided I no longer want to be an MD. I have a tattoo on my wrist, I got it back when I had just finished EMT school and still wanted to be a doctor. It's half the star of life and half the caduceus. It's a reminder of where my heart is. In January I will be starting a Paramedic program. I am more than excited and ready for this. The company I work for has many opportunities for both EMTs and Paramedics, but my main goal is to get upgraded to Critical Care Paramedic. I've had the pleassure of working with a few of these special people and I know that's where I want to be. Somewhere in my future I do see myself becoming a Physician Assistant. My love for medicine has led me to that decision. But, even as a PA, I will never let go of my EMS provider side. EMS has given me the outmost satisfaction, and there is nothing in the world like going to work happy to be going to work, if you know what I mean.. This profession is a blessing life has given me. I solute all of you for the work you do. Annddd now this long intro is done. :wave:

• Like 1

Hey Brother, welcome to the City.

I like your attitude a lot.

Jump in and participate, OK? There is very little to be learned here by watching...the more nervous it makes you to add to a thread, arguably, the more value it will likely have for you.

I look forward to your thoughts..

Dwayne

Im surprised that Dwayne actually missed that ;)

I did miss it! I'm a little disappointed in myself... :-)

Seems that we don't get many new chicks here, and as it didn't say, (or I missed it then too) I was playing the odds.

I should have been suspicious though when eveything was spelled correctly..

Dwayne

Actually, with only one term misused, and one word misspelled coupled with a few minor grammatical errors..... (like me using ......) It was a very good 1st post. Welcome to the 'city!

In fact, I find it worthy of a +1.

• Like 3

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.