Who is your choice for our next President ?

romneyfor2012

An articulate, well thought out educated postion..

More importantly, it's what the constitution says. The president gets to run the war (as commander in chief), but he doesn't get to decide if or when we do go to war.

Edited by JPINFV

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, Cain is out and now it seems Newt is surging....................... really, really, really ? Do we really want someone who has been an insider for the past 20 years ?

I wonder why Santorum can't gain any traction, seems like a nice, smart, guy ?

Couldn't you say the same about a guy who was a governor, and the wealthy son of an auto executive? Not saying the guy's qualified or not, just saying "insider" is a pretty relative term.

All of them (except for one now) are rich white guys. When I say insider, I mean Newt is like all the other existing politicians, he has been bought by lobbyists, and has been in the white house/congress too long. Of course we saw what happened when we put the last person in who had little experience. So maybe I am wrong.

Bush?

LOL

Like him or not, GWB was a business executive as well as a governor. Obama had ZERO executive experience, zero private sector experience, and barely had any legislative experience before he ran for POTUS. He technically fit the bare minimum requirements of age and birthplace(yes, I believe he was born here)- nothing more. This may come as a shock to some, but being a community organizer/activist does not appear to make one qualified to be the leader of the free world- and the last 3 years seems to be proof of that fact.

Fred Karger or Randall Terry... Actually Mr. Karger for President and Mr. Terry for Vice President. Either them, or Jimmy McMillan as President and Matt Snyder as Vice President.

Actually Karger seems like a nice enough guy but I have absolutely no delusions that a gay candidate has any chance of being elected the president. The country isn't going to elect a gay man president. I would have no issue with voting for him if I had enough info on him but there are too many people out there who will vote for the other guy instead of voting for the gay guy.

Of course, others may not agree with my assessment but I don't think he stands a snowballs' chance in hell. But maybe he might get some people to change their minds, who knows. I think that contributing to his campaign is like flushing good money down the toilet.

Edited by Ruffems

Obama had ZERO executive experience, zero private sector experience, and barely had any legislative experience before he ran for POTUS.

I like Obama, but could never understand why the Norwegians gave him the Nobel Peace Prize.

He technically fit the bare minimum requirements of age and birthplace(yes, I believe he was born here)- nothing more.

Is there an age requirement in the US? How old?

And, not to be a dick, but how do you barely meet a birthplace requirement? Isn't that binary, you're either born in the US or outside of it? Don't you either meet it, or you don't?

Isn't this also a bit of a bad deal if you're the child of US parents working / living abroad? How does that work?

This may come as a shock to some, but being a community organizer/activist does not appear to make one qualified to be the leader of the free world- and the last 3 years seems to be proof of that fact.

The rest of the world might want to point out that while the US is a very powerful nation, and the world's dominant economy, most of them probably don't regard the POTUS as the free world's leader. Especially in recent years. This seems to be a very US-centric view.