Who is your choice for our next President ?

romneyfor2012

Yes, thick as thieves. Isn’t it odd that the lady that wants to come forward now works for the “federal government”? Funny how that worked out, huh. It might go a long way to answering HLPPs question about who is responsible for the leak.

Odd she is wary of “public scrutiny” but is willing to go on TV or at least to court to “refute him”.

He probably did it but I still smell a rat.

We'll see what the details are, but for this to come out now, SOMEONE is trying to throw a wrench into Cain's campaign. He's becoming too popular, and neither party is prepared for him, nor do they want him. Romney is the old school GOP's guy- whether the rest of the party wants him or not, and anyone who is a threat to Obama will be trashed by the mainstream media.

I don't know what the claims will be, but a 35K settlement? That's money to avoid a nuisance lawsuit- chump change compared to settlements for legit harassment claims.

We'll see what the details are, but for this to come out now, SOMEONE is trying to throw a wrench into Cain's campaign. He's becoming too popular, and neither party is prepared for him, nor do they want him. Romney is the old school GOP's guy- whether the rest of the party wants him or not, and anyone who is a threat to Obama will be trashed by the mainstream media.

I don't know what the claims will be, but a 35K settlement? That's money to avoid a nuisance lawsuit- chump change compared to settlements for legit harassment claims.

The article mentioned it was one year salary. It was probably tax deductible. Definitely chump change.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate to be politically incorrect, but after all the ups and downs of this campaign, I have some concerns. I do not want to start a race or holy war, but I think there are some behind the scenes conversations among the american voters.

So I ask:

1. Will you not vote for Romney because he is a Mormon (same for Huntsman)

2. Did the republican machine try to take down Herman Cain. As stated by someone, I think the Democrats would have held onto that information until the week before the election ?

3, Will you not vote for Herman, because he does not speak "presidentially" (meaning he does not speak white, like Obama)

4. To the women in the room, do you believe Cain's accusers, it was noted this week that the first accuser filed another sex harassment claim at her next job.

1. Religion shouldn't matter. It is a private issue and has no place in public politics. Only in the US and several Muslim countries do we make such a big deal out of religion and politics.

2. Yeah, the Dems would have held on to it. I don't know if I would blame it on the Rep machine, either.

3. I won't vote for Cain because he is not a worthwhile candidate for the office, regardless of how he speaks.

4. Although I am not a woman, I do beleive the accusations.

After watching last nights debate. Romney and Huntsman are clearly the frontrunners : at least as far as intelligence and political savvy are concerned.

Can they put together a team with the strength to beat the Dems??????? we will see.

the rest of them need so much to be considered legitimate candidates.

as for Cain's accusers and the fact that this info was brought up only after he started rising in prominence. Don't rule out the republican party dirty tricks squad. They allowed him to run in an attempt to show that they "could allow" a Black man to be part of their party. But then the powers that be don't want him to get too strong in the polls.

I agree doc, but there are many who believe that Mormonism is a cult and not a religion, and I think that is what is keeping Romney in the low 20's, as the other flavors of the month come and go.

I must admit Newt has been a great debate performer, and might be the next best besides Romney to beat Obama, atleast in the debates.

1. Romney is a Mormon? The current POTUS is a Marxist. Hmmmmm let me think!?!

2. It was probably thet Andrews guy that used to work for Cain.

3.I don't know what speaking white is but Cain does see the world from a different reference point than POTUS. I will vote against Obama regardless of the candidate.

4. I don't know about the allegations. He may have harrased them and may not. Who knows? The proof is in the pudding so to speak. If they have proof they should show it. If there is no proof then he needs to sue them for damages.

Edited by DFIB

True, he is just too far left for me. Sitting within our own borders and hoping no one attacks us is not what i call defense

1. To be fair, Ron Paul's response at the foreign affairs debate (last night) was, "I don't go to war. Congress goes to war. If Congress wants to go to war, they can declare war and we'll go to war."

2. ...because everyone else, besides Bachmann, who was asked last night responded with a better option, sanction or invade Pakistan. After all, it isn't like Pakistan has nuclear weapons and a grudge against a neighbor who also has nuclear weapons.

3. The United States currently presents a danger to Mexico via programs like the ATF's Operation Fast and Furious. Would you feel comfortable if the Mexico military took proactive action inside the borders of the United States in order to prevent our assault weapons from making it into Mexico?

I don't go to war. Congress goes to war. If Congress wants to go to war, they can declare war and we'll go to war."

An articulate, well thought out educated postion..

This is why I moved to the middle of nowhere. Vote in the guy who wants less govt, which in turn means less taxes and all other BS that goes along with it. I could really care less about what the guys religious views, are as long as he protects the country and leaves me alone. The only guy I can see fitting this description is Ron Paul, although I doubt I'll have him as an option come election day. So then I guess I'll vote for whoever the IAFF is against ...