Presumptuous

chbare

Yes, the doctor went with the crew. Yes, the lead paramedic testified that he was initially unaware of the patient's name. Neither the prosecution nor the defense called him out. I've actually taken care of a "famous" person in sports and didn't know until after the call, so I'm not going to call him out. However, during the call the crew did make the connection apparently.

Also, on a side note, the evidence that was used was very interesting. A piece of scratch paper the medic used to write notes was extensively discussed while the proper chart was almost glossed over.

Sounds like this call was a nightmare from begining to end.

As far as not recognizing the patient, who would know what MJ looked like when he was relaxing at home and not wearing makeup?

I have an interesting anecdote and am not trying to hijack the thread but I think it illustrates my point about recognizing MJ. This is not a racial statement and I will not respond to the trolls that may try to hijack this thread.

I was watching a Janet jackson video a few years back when my son (he was about 13 years old then) entered the room and asked who was singing. I told him it was MJ's sister. He responded "I didn't know Michael had a black sister"

This was a normal conclusion for him because I have an adopted sister who has very dark skin.

I find it inappropriate that the court would focus on a scribbled note instead of the PCR. Is a scribbled note now a legal document that can override the validity of the PCR?

What will they use next, vital signs off the back of a soiled glove?

FDNY's EMD Computer Assisted Dispatch system can be programmed with location histories, advising crews of: threats against crews, location is that of families of members of the department, medical histories of legitimate medical need frequents fliers, meet-up points with sporting arena security, HazMats of record stored thereat, and other things responding crews might need to know. It can also have a recommendation to send the local supervisor along, too.

NY's system is kind of old, but should not the Los Angeles FD, or the Los Angeles County FD, have something similar?

I find it inappropriate that the court would focus on a scribbled note instead of the PCR. Is a scribbled note now a legal document that can override the validity of the PCR?

What will they use next, vital signs off the back of a soiled glove?

Was the scribbled note the information written on the teletype printout?

I didn't watch all of it, and to be honest got to the point where I wanted to throw something at my computer because of issues I'm probably being over sensitive about. Like not being able to define "BVM" (No, the definition is not "ambu bag"), calling asystole "flatline" (really, you're not the general public, you don't get to use lay terminology), and other similar word choice that is entirely inappropriate for a professional giving testimony in a courthouse.

• Like 1

Those Paramedics are absolute fucking retards, demonstrate piss poor medical knowledge and generally embarass themselves.

The Prosecutor asked him to spell oropharyngeal airway, he just doesn't answer, probably because he can't spell it. The second Paramedic answers he intubated Jackson without help, well, he just proved he is a retard, it takes another person to provide anterior laryngeal pressure and introduce the endotracheal tube over the elastic gum bougie.

Makes me want to hurl a whisky bottle at the telly

Edited by kiwimedic
  • Like 1

...he just proved he is a retard, it takes another person to provide anterior laryngeal pressure and introduce the endotracheal tube over the elastic gum bougie....

You lost me here. Are you saying that one person can't intubate a patient without help? Or that one person can't intubate a person without help when a bougie is used? Both I have to disagree with, unless I'm missing something here....

Dwayne

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.