Clich here to listen to me whine

mobey

I'll be honest, I didn't really wanna post this, but for the most part I really hate talking face to face about my health with people. This is a little more impersonal, as well as I may get some solid advice. So a win-win.

Over the last few years I have been battling chronic pain in my lower back, hips, shoulders, and knees. The pain in my hips has become so severe my now max adult dose of Arthrotec (prescribed for spondiloarthritis back when I was 20) has no effect on it.

I finally went in and was diagnosed with suspected tendonitis, given steroid shots and sent for an MRI.

The results came in today: The MRI showed severe degeneration in conective tissues of both hips, most notably the right. Edema was present in both joints. Significant degeneration was noted to the Acetabulum bilaterally, and mildly to the femoral head.

these findings are consistant with Rhumatoid arthritis and further assessment will be needed for a final diagnosis.

Soooo....... I guess bilateral hip replacements and immunosuppressants are in my near future

Damn

PS: sorry I have been so quiet here, been working away from home which has changed the priorities a little.

Hang in there... I've heard total hips aren't too bad and you gain a lot from them... I am recovering from a surgery to hopefully put off the total hip for a few more years.

Glucosamine seems to really help me with the connective tissue/cartilage pain I have from my EDS.... Best of luck to you and PM if you wanna chat.

Hey Mobes...sorry to hear about that brother..I truly am.

How does this effect you in your work, short term and long? What kind of presurgical interventions will be available now that you finally have a diagnosis and will you finally see some relief perhaps with them in place?

Keep your chin up man....And no need to apologize for not being here...just knock it off and all will be forgiven. We need you here...

Dwayne

Sorry to hear about this Moby-lyzer!

Hopefully there's something that can be done to relieve your pain, and get you back on your feet again.

No need to apologize for trying to take care of yourself and the issues you face.

Good to see your face around the place, and I hope we see more of it!

LS

I dont know if it is to late but my boss who has horrible arthritis has started the gold shots. They have taken the pain away about 80% along with ibprophin. Hip replacements these days are easy than before and from what I understand you are up and at em in a few days.

Good luck

Thx for the support guys.

Kate: I am definatly looking into Glucosamine, fish oil, massage, even hot rock treatments. Personally I think it is all witchcraft ;) but my Dr is suggesting pain control through western medicine (Narcotics) since the pain is refractory to NSAIDS.

I refuse to start Narcs at 30 years old.

Dwayne: As far as the ol' career goes, so far it is suggested that I keep doing what I can, while I can. The day will come very soon (within the year) that I will have to stop lifting. Strength training and range of motion exercise is important as is regular rest periods. So EMS fits good.

The problem is, once I start Immunosuppressants working EMS is pretty risky. So I got some hard decisions to make there.

Might try to find a job in teaching.....

Bummer .. but don't knock the perkys .. I have been known to eat them like pezz LOL ... weeeeee !

Yup you would be a great instructor .. and gimme a call any-time bro.