Clich here to listen to me whine

mobey

Thx for the support guys.

Kate: I am definatly looking into Glucosamine, fish oil, massage, even hot rock treatments. Personally I think it is all witchcraft ;) but my Dr is suggesting pain control through western medicine (Narcotics) since the pain is refractory to NSAIDS.

I refuse to start Narcs at 30 years old.

I have chronic pain and pretty bad some days... something that has worked for me is Tramadol and Diclofenac. They are non-narcotic and have helped me on a lot of occasions. Narcs are not something to mess with, they make you constipated, itchy, and have some other depressive affects.

Might try to find a job in teaching.....

Sorry to hear about the health issues. Don't hesitate to seek professional counseling if things get overwhelming. When such drastic changes are forced on you it can be very depressing and depression starts a vicious cyle.

In Las Cruces, New Mexico they are looking for EMS professors at the university there.

It sounds like you have a plan Mobey. Do what you can for as long as you can, but get your ducks in a row for when the time comes and you cannot work in the field anymore. The key is to make those decisions before they are made for you and maximize your options.

Teaching is a great idea. You're obviously a very bright guy, and brains, education, plus experience make for a great educator. That's exactly why I went back and got my Masters. Between my ticker and my back, I know there will come a day when I may be forced to change gears. If I can last a few more years, I can retire with my full pension, and keep teaching- on my own terms.