IS A.D.D. a real disease ? Or just a lack of discipline ?

crotchitymedic1986

A.D.D In Children, Real or Fake ?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe that Attention Deficit Disorder is a Real Disease in Children ?

• Yes, No Doubt
    • I think it is for some, but some may just be poor parenting
    • It is not a disease, but rather an emotional issue
    • It is simply a lack of discipline

I believe some cases may not really be A.D.D., but that doesn't mean it isn't real. A.D.D. causes actual changes in the brain that can be seen with an MRI. It's way too easy for people to sit back and say that it is just an emotional problem or a behavioral issue. I have had A.D.D. my entire life, and I can tell you that it is neither of those.

• Like 1

What say you ?

First off it's called Attention Deficit Disorder. As in it is not a disease it is a disorder.

Secondly I have to ask you a serious question. Are you legitimately interested in learning people’s opinions and treatment/management strategies or are you simply "stirring the pot?"

• Like 1

Secondly I have to ask you a serious question. Are you legitimately interested in learning people’s opinions and treatment/management strategies or are you simply "stirring the pot?"

Its crotchity, this isn't a legitimate question, its a follow up on his comments in the PTSD thread, - PTSD and ADD dont exist, apparently its all crap thats been made up by drug companies.

So to quote another forum member from that thread, crotchity "you truly are an asshole"

• Like 2

wow, very mature. Since I frequently get admonished by admin, can I ask for a little two-way street here. Posters should not be allowed to curse or call people names like this when unprovoked.

Totally disagree, most every comment you have posted this past fortnight has been designed to ellicit a hostile response.

You Consistantly post inflammatory garbage, drawing very ordinary conclusions about peoples supposed racism, about the scam that is pharmeceticaul companies, denying the existance and legitimacy of well documented PTSD, therefore calling into question the character / motives of other forum goers, after all, they are just hacks who cant handle the job and are making stuff up, right?

You're "comments" on ADD and autism stops just short on ridiculing several people in these forums or those in these forums who have children with either one of these. You bogus comments (or dare i call it an opinion?) Stop just a tad short on criticisizing the parenting abilities of people here. I mean, look at your survey, one of the answers directly mentions bad parenting, which you state as your opinion in the PTSD thread.

You bring up this garbage about providers from younger generation treating monitors and not people, that they lack disciplne and ability to perform thorough assessments

The entire existance of this ADD thread is to provoke a response and pal, you got it.

And after all that, im just quoting a much more respectful forum-goer than you or .I Would you like me to link you to the origional comment, or are you happy for me to take the credit for it? Either way, its an accurate statement.

Edited by BushyFromOz

Well ask that of a parent of a child with this disorder. I'll bet you will get a pretty hostile response.

I have many friends with children diagnosed with ADD or ADHD. They will all tell you that it's a disease and not bad parenting. I know these people, all are very good parents and they have infinite patience with their children even though they are sometimes brought to their wits end and near breakdown because their children are so hard to control, even with medication.

My best friend is a child counselor and he works with ADD and ADHD and autistic kids and he will be the first to tell you that this is a valid and real disorder.

So you of course don't bother to put your own vote out there but I'll bet that you fall under the belief that it's bad parenting and not a disease.

Tell us what your thougts are and why you believe those thoughts to be true.

• Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.