Chicago Fire

crotchitymedic1986

As has been stated by myself and others over and over...

You love the bluster and propaganda, but continue to have no interest in the hard questions...

That is why we continue to consider you a troll..

Dwayne

It never made it here because I think i t might have been before Crotchity's time.

I bet you would be hard pressed to find a dozen or so stories of the same thing regarding primarily minority companies not being "black" enough yet I'll bet that if we looked hard enough we could find hundreds of stories just like this turned around and focusing on primarily white companies who the EEOC and a number of other agencies in the federal government coming down on white companies who they deem not "black" enough. The chicago fire is a prime example of a department not being "black" enough.

The problem is not the racial composition, it's WHY the numbers are what they are.

For decades, it has been all about racism. Clearly, the only reason the CFD/ACME organization/ Company XYZ/Rah Rah Med school etc, was because the organization and system is racist. For a long time, that may have been true, but not for the last couple generations now.

SO- now, after decades of complaints, a department officially "evens" the playing field, but STILL cannot get the correct numbers. Can't blame the exam, can't blame the test writer, can't blame the city, can't blame the department, so let's blame the RESULTS. It's the most ridiculous argument I have ever heard: "Disparate" results. How can you argue that? Yes, the results are indeed adversely affecting one group, but instead of addressing the WHY and analyzing it, an end run is done around those nasty questions and a lawsuit is filed. So 111 folks get a lotto payout and they pave the way for the next group to do the same damned thing. No solutions, no suggestions as to how to improve those results, no explanations(other than playing the race card). And what have we accomplished? More division, more suspicion, more resentment, more entitlement- more of the same.

Simply throwing money at a problem never accomplished anything. When will people realize this?

Come to think of it, I have never seen a white or black person working in any traditional mexican or chinese restaurant (not the fast food chains). In the name of unity, maybe we should all enter a class-action lawsuit -- cha-ching $$$$$$$$
Don't quite know about that. A local Chinese food chain of 4 stores in my county (Queens County, NY, with the branches in Belle Harbor, Howard Beach, Ozone Park, and Rego Park) is owned by a white dude.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.