Autism

Katiebug

The families I know with autistic children do not believe that it's caused by the vaccines and have long held that Ms. McCarthy was simply the voice (very very loud obnoxious) of the anti vaccine crowd.

Now what will happen is that with their mouthpiece being humbled and shut up basically, they will find another star with a autistic child and use them to further their gains.

What Ms. McCarthy needs to do is explain how she was manipulated(stretch here) by this group and let the light shine on them as quacks and charlatans and make them go away.

But she cannot do that without any saving grace so she won't.

Ever since I saw her in playboy, I respected her body but not her mind. Sexist I know but when you put yourself out as a nude model then your credibility with me only goes so far.

I wonder what her son will say when he understands that she used him as a pawn or piece of meat to appease the people she wanted to impress. I'm sure he will wonder what the hell!!!!!

Yeah, man. The damage she's done.

She should be fighting to stay out of jail for fraud, yet she's claiming she will continue to champion the cause of autism.

She was it's biggest enemy in the last decade, yet she is so completely unself-aware that she can't begin to see it.

The millions she's made for appearances and book sales should have to be accounted for and returned to the autism community in my opinion.

She's the embodiment of "Beauty without intelligence is a masterpiece painted on a napkin."

Dwayne

• 2 weeks later...

I only read the first and last pages, so bear with me if I missed something. Autism is something that my pharmacy deals with in large numbers, and in varying degree. We have patients who are borderline ADHD through full-on Asperger's. One of the theories that is accepted by most of our prescribing doctors is that patients within the spectrum of Autism have physiological, as well as mental health issues. For example, we treat most of our patients with a combination of Methylcobalamin (B-12, helps with focus), Nystatin (treats Thrush and also abdominal yeast "overgrowth"), and Fluconazole (Diflucan, also helps normalize gut flora). However, our treatments aren't originated around the belief that the flora CAUSES Autism, only that due to the condition of the patient, the natural flora may be abnormal.

The treatments actually help with the gut-wrenching, knotting, and screaming of most young Autistic children. I'm very skeptic when it comes to holistic and homeopathic treatments, but I've actually witnessed the effects of our medicine, from a mother who brought her kid in kicking and screaming the first time, to the consecutive visit where the child was alert, attentive, and actually cooperative. I know that some patients have their good and bad days, but this patient has been consistently improving over time.

Then again, I also think the "diagnosis" of ADHD and Autism is thrown around WAY too much by doctors and parents who are just trying to make excuses for not being able to control their kids. I see Ritalin WAY too often for kids who I think are just... well, kids.

You guys put way too much faith in the scientific community and the research that is cited as fact. There was a time when the smartest people on this earth knew the earth was flat and that the sun and moon orbited the earth. There was a time when when we believed that attaching leaches to your body would heal you. There was a time when it was known that white german men were a special race and could not be defeated in sports by african americans. There was a time when the smartest engineers in the world believed you would never see a car exceed 25mph. There was a time when all the experts in the world thought that you could not add any more functions to a cell phone, and there was no way it would ever be smaller than your standard 1950's era portable military radio.

Time and time again, studies and theories are debunked or proven inaccurate, so please for God's sake stop with the statistics already.

Yes I am with you crotch lets stick with supposition, hearsay, opinions based on religion, the occult, voodoo, conspiracy theories, dead chickens, warts are caused by toads and Jenny McCarthy.

COME ON SERIOUSLY I can not believe you are a Paramedic, and best not eat a can of tuna .. nope you look why.

http://www.cps.ca/english/statements/id/pidnote_jun07.htm

Don't even both, tniuqs. Attention is what he's looking for. Best to just ignore it and eventually he will go away. Pretty routine for him to come on, post something inflammatory about something that hits home for many people in an attempt to stir the shit. Ignore and report.

Not trying to inflame at all, just pointing out we are not near as smart as we think we are, and that "scientific proof" is limited to what our minds know today. Imagine if in 1980 I told you that the computer that takes up a whole room and can only do simple calculator functions would, in less than 10 years, fit in your hand and be solar powered; you would have told me I was crazy. Did any of us envision the smart phone you hold in your hand today when the cell phone came out years ago (holding a mini computer/camera/gps/text messaging system) ? What we know about autism, cancer, aids, or any other disease is limited to the brain of scientist today, which is often forced to certain conclusions to support a political belief or profit model. If you watched Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" years ago, you would have been convinced that we would all be on fire by now or drowning; but once again we found out the science is little more perfect than weather prediction.

And when you make fun of witchcraft and home remedies, are you convinced that Asian medicine, which is full of both, is stupid compared to the American Scientific Model ? Last time I checked, they still have a longer life span than we do. There is nothing more arrogant than poo=pooing something that has been around for 1000s of years, because it does not fit your belief system. I would take medicine from a voo-doo doctor any day versus the cook-book crap (pharmaceutical driven) dribble that our medicine pushes.

CPhT...perhaps...instead of reading the first and last pages..you should read all the ones in the middle. I didnt put my son on Concerta to help control him. I put him on a medicine to help him slow down and concentrate in school. They were using weighted vests, quiet rooms and one on one aides to help keep him on task. I didnt make the decision to put him on a medicine lightly..I weighed ALL the pro's and con's before I made that decision. I didnt WANT to medicate him. Luckily the Concerta is time release and wears off in 8 - 10 hours. If you dont have a child with special needs, you cant possibly understand what we, as parents of one, go through on a daily basis. So what you may think is "throwing the Autism and AD/HD diagnosis" around, just may be all we have to understand our kids..dont judge us until you've walked a mile in our shoes.

Edited by Nypaemt39
  • Like 1

Yes your probably correct, ERDoc he really doesn't really need my 2 cents to embarrass himself, he does do it so well on his very own, I believe that maybe some day crotch could change his spots .. I do have a little hope left .

<late edit> the asian and voodoo are better that western medicine .. I guess thats the way he was brought up, so pass the tiger penis, bear gall bladder, snake blood and maybe a rhino horn for ED ... just saying.

I added the link for those that would like to see what my respected countrymen / woman have to say in brief about the matter .

Fortunately for myself, no close family members are afflicted by this affliction, of the truly unknown etiology. I do empathise with those that do, I really wish I could do something to help and fighting ignorance is all I can do I tried very had to educate about thimerosal when I was involved with H1N1.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

I am trying to inflame as usual, I am not near as smart as the rest of you are, and that "scientific proof" is limited to what has been proven through rigorous scientific study. Imagine if in 1980 I told you that the computer that takes up a whole room and can only do simple calculator functions would, in less than 10 years, fit in your hand and be solar powered; you would have told, "well, yeah, it's even part of the Spacship Earth ride at Disney World." Did any of us envision the smart phone you hold in your hand today when the cell phone came out years ago (holding a mini computer/camera/gps/text messaging system)? What we know about autism, cancer, aids, or any other disease is limited to the brain of scientist today as well as the studies they perform using the scientific method, which is on occasion forced to certain conclusions to support a political belief or profit model (but this is usually debunked pretty quickly by studies that contain no bias). If you watched Al Gore's "Inconvenient Truth" years ago, you would have been convinced that we would all be on fire by now or drowning; but once again we found out that while the science is sound and concerning, politicians use shock and awe to further their causes.

And when you make fun of witchcraft and home remedies, are you convinced that Asian medicine, which is full of both, is stupid compared to the American Scientific Model univerally accepted scientific method? Last time I checked, they still have a longer life span than we do, which is due to the diet they keep compared to the diet of the average American. Afterall, there are plenty of studies that show when people of Asian ancestry adopt an American diet, they have the same health risks as their American counterparts. There is nothing more arrogant than assuming that something works just because "That's the way we've done it for thousands of years," because it does not fit your belief system. I would take medicine from a voo-doo doctor any day versus the cook-book crap (pharmaceutical driven) dribble that our medicine pushes, if only is could be shown to be more effective by scientifically sound studies that show it is superior.

There, I fixed it for you.

• Like 1