Now I'm curious...

paramedicmike

... as to who Crotchity really is.

I'm starting to think he's a former forum regular who is back to try and have some fun with us. The quality of his posts are amazingly inconsistent. Sometimes the punctuation, grammar and spelling are awful. Other times they're pretty good. The tone changes with the quality of the post.

So he's either someone who used to be here with some regularity and is not trying to hide it or he's bipolar and inconsistent with his meds.

Anybody else thinking that?

Yes, I too have noticed the waxing & waning of his posts both grammar and body.

Bipolar, Drugs, Alcohol, who knows. But one thing I am sure of is that he has been here before under other names.

Personally I dont give a crap He is rude and if he uses that screen name just to be rude then Admin should ban it.

That is the problem with being on the internet you never really know who you are dealing with or what their mental state may be.

Let me check: Bipolar, possibly, never been diagnosed. Currently not on any meds, currently not under the influence of an legal or illegal substances. I think I have been fairly consistent in my stances, and I am sorry that I do not tow the line and tell you what you want to hear. I have not been rude to anyone unless they took a jab at me first. I find it ironic that I am not treated with the same courtesy I treat all of you with. You will not see me make personal attacks, although I am called every name in the book on a daily basis, just because I disagree with someone's opinion. You will frequently see me type, "you are entitled to your opinion", right after someone else has called me a troll, a racist, or worst. Today, I have been labeled mentally ill and a drug addict!

As far as other screen-names, I thought that was laid to rest years ago when admin posted that my IP address was different that whoever you guys were claiming that I was that week. Nonetheless, I do not need to hide behind another name, I think I am pretty straightforward with my opinions, under this name. If you wish to ban me, so be it, that is the typical "mob-rule" response, "If we dont like it, we must squelch it". But before you do, ask yourself where do you draw the line the next time ? Will you ban all posters who are pro-volly or pro-fire department EMS, since they are the total opposite of the prevailing opinion of this collective group ? Will you ban all african americans when they disagree with what you consider fair ? Will you ban all managers or service owners who have a different opinion than field folks ? WIll you ban all non-ems folks who ask questions that you deem as trolling for lawsuit info ?

• 3 weeks later...

I think this thread is inappropriate.

Feels good to express your opinion hey!

I love free speach, and enjoy expressing my opinions/thoughts wherever and whenever I deem appropriate.

Think about that

Take care

I think this thread is inappropriate.

Good to know. Thank you.

This forum is to discuss EMS in different spectrums.

That's why I started this thread in the "Non-EMS Discussion" forum.

The remarks made are libel and unprofessional... All the best...

There's nothing so far in this thread that would reach the point of libel. Conjecture and opinion don't make a statement libelous. Unprofessional? No. If it were unprofessional to question anyone with whom you work then there would be many more providers out there who had no business practicing.

Nice try, though.

I don't know of any bipolar, but some may note my own postings not being consistant. This might be attributed to different keyboards, one on my old Dell, the other, my new Toshiba. Got spellcheck to work on only one of them.

I personally have always enjoyed crotchity's posts. I admire the courage of his convictions that he consistently displays. I learn from the intelligence of his responses and the fact that he doesn't think or post like anyone else. People take umbrage on this forum pretty regularly. I like to think its because we are passionate about our profession. It's a good thing.