EMTCity contest?

DwayneEMTP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dwayne, I know I expressed this to you over PM as well but please know that I am truly honored you would think of me for something like this. "The soul of EMT city" is a heavy title, but like I said before I really do believe that it is the COMMUNITY here that makes this place as good as it is. Everyone contributes their part, which is why I think it is such an excellent idea that we keep this going as an annual or biannual thing.

There are some really good people on that list there. Each and every one of them is absolutely deserves some recognition, and I think you were right to mention that there are so many others who were in the running as well.

Again Dwayne, thank you so much.

Edited by fiznat

Wow! Thank you so much to Dwayne and all of the voters. I honestly didn't expect to be nominated at all, much less voted in. Thanks everyone, I'm very humbled and grateful for all your support, advice, and even criticism since coming to this forum. I'm know there are lots of other guys here more worthy than I for this kind of recognition, but I'm really thankful.

I know I haven't been here for very long, but you guys have really gone above and beyond to make me feel at home and welcome here and I truly appreciate that. You guys know how strongly I feel about EMS growing, and I can't think of a better way for that to happen then on a forum like this where the experienced and the newbies can come together and learn from each other.

As for challenging me more, PLEASE! I'm green as hell, and more than anything else I want to become a better provider for the sake of myself, my profession, and above all my patients. And I sure as hell can't get better without being challenged.

Thank you Dwayne and everybody else, this is a great honour as I know there are many other members that have been here longer and have many more posts. I have always tried to stay active and hopefully a productive member of the city. EMS has always been my first love so to speak and I will advocate for this profession regardless of where my life takes me.

There are so many people here who could be recognised and I agree we need to keep up this type of recognition process. I would be more than happy to help with purchasing prizes or anything else that is needed to ensure we can sustain this concept.

Thank you again and I really am honoured and quite humbled that I have been chosen, especially because there are so many people here that have contributed to some of the best threads that I have seen on the web.

Take care,

chbare.

First off, I'd like to thank the academy for this award, I've had the opportunity to work with some outstanding directors....oh wait...wrong awards ceremony!

Really, I'd like to thank Dwayne and whever else was on the 'voting committee'!

EMS is not only my profession, but it's my passion as well. I know that there are a great many posters who are deserving recognition on this forum, and I am honored to have been chosen.

Looking at the list of winners, I'm extremely humbled to be in their company!

As I move through medic school, I can only hope that I can continue to contribute quality posts deserving of the position I've been awarded for.

Congratulations to all the winners!

LS

Congratulations everyone!

I intentionally avoided this conversation until it was over as I did not wish to cast a vote or be voted for. Dwayne and those who contributed have made very wise decisions and I do not disagree with the selections. What a very difficult process this must have been but I am happy you did this with open eyes, assessing all potential candidates and making very accurate judgments.

Strong work Dwayne!

4. Most inspiring up and commer. Beiber. This was truly not terribly difficult. Though Tcripp came up a lot as a new medic, and rightfully so, Beiber was the number one pic on every single list. Witty, brave, intelligent, political, skin as thick as an gator...He inspires me every day to be better. And I'm confident that he inspires others too. I have noticed that we are sometimes a little easy on him because we like him so much...so this is my call to arms...kick his ass and make him start flexing his muscles in the forums! I'm confident that he can take it...

Agreeing with others, excellent choices AND congratulations to all.

As Susan Lucci said a dozen or so times, it was an honor being nominated.

But, I like the challenge that you have posed on Beiber and I'd ask that you do the same for me. I use this forum as a tool to become better, stronger and I think good pushes will help me to that end.

Thanks everybody....

Umm...Not sure if you all think that I'm psychic? But I really, really need some addresses to send you your stuff! And is anyone getting with Wendy, or Wendy with you for your bio? Any chance we can get pics with it? I think that would be cool as hell...

Just sayin..... :-)

Dwayne

Edit. Has anyone seen Mobey, and/or know if he knows he's on this list?

Edited by DwayneEMTP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.