EMTCity contest?

DwayneEMTP

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang it!

I would love to give them out based just on my choice. And if it was a $50 dollar bill I would do that in a second. But this feels different....

For this I would need, say, 30. I think I could be happy if I had 30 of them...but 5? Fuck me....No way!!

I thought, so I'll just ask some of the people that I respect their opinions and see what they say, but of course those are some of the most valuable posters here!

So I'm going to punt. I'm going to ask some of my friends and just cheat them out of the opportunity to win. Now, I say my friends, but understand that they may not necessarily consider me their friend as well...know what I mean? Just cause I love 'em doesn't mean that they love me back, and certainly no one can blame them for that. If they deny it, believe them.

I'll ask them to nominate, tentatively, a person for....

1. Old Guard.

2. Outstanding BLSer.

3. Most improved poster.

4. Most inspiring up and commer.

5. The soul of EMS/EMTCity.

I would ask for help from, Ruffster, JPINFV, 46Young, Herbie, Anniemedic, Crotchitymedic? If you all would consider playing that would be awesome! Just a nominee for each category, and of course different categories if you have an idea, and why you think they would be great. Thanks..sheesh. I feel like such an idiot...

Now, if you're one of those people that I bag on constantly, attack whenever I can, argue with and most often lose and your name isn't in the list you know then that I believe that you should be considered...see?

Also, if there is anyone with a journalistic bent that would consider creating a little bio for the winners? I love Fiz's idea...We don't know enough about each other..I think it would be awesome to know more.

This is kinda pitiful I know, but I'm going with it still. :-)

Have a great day all..

Dwayne

Wow, what a great gift, Dwayne! That's awesome for them to offer you such a great gift, and even more awesome of you to share it with people on these forums. Like you said, it's unfortunate that everyone can't get one, but it's still great for you to share it with those you can.

Looking forward to see who the winners of this competition are, and good luck to the people coming up with the nominees.

So nifty! Can't wait to see who wins. I volunteer to do the journalistic bios on winners... ;-) I do have my BA in English, after all...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

So nifty! Can't wait to see who wins. I volunteer to do the journalistic bios on winners... ;-) I do have my BA in English, after all...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Done!!! I was so hoping you were going to volunteer!!! :-)

Dwayne

Dang it!

I would love to give them out based just on my choice. And if it was a $50 dollar bill I would do that in a second. But this feels different....

For this I would need, say, 30. I think I could be happy if I had 30 of them...but 5? Fuck me....No way!!

I thought, so I'll just ask some of the people that I respect their opinions and see what they say, but of course those are some of the most valuable posters here!

So I'm going to punt. I'm going to ask some of my friends and just cheat them out of the opportunity to win. Now, I say my friends, but understand that they may not necessarily consider me their friend as well...know what I mean? Just cause I love 'em doesn't mean that they love me back, and certainly no one can blame them for that. If they deny it, believe them.

I'll ask them to nominate, tentatively, a person for....

1. Old Guard.

2. Outstanding BLSer.

3. Most improved poster.

4. Most inspiring up and commer.

5. The soul of EMS/EMTCity.

I would ask for help from, Ruffster, JPINFV, 46Young, Herbie, Anniemedic, Crotchitymedic? If you all would consider playing that would be awesome! Just a nominee for each category, and of course different categories if you have an idea, and why you think they would be great. Thanks..sheesh. I feel like such an idiot...

Now, if you're one of those people that I bag on constantly, attack whenever I can, argue with and most often lose and your name isn't in the list you know then that I believe that you should be considered...see?

Also, if there is anyone with a journalistic bent that would consider creating a little bio for the winners? I love Fiz's idea...We don't know enough about each other..I think it would be awesome to know more.

This is kinda pitiful I know, but I'm going with it still. :-)

Have a great day all..

Dwayne

Do you want these nominations in PM form or as a reply to this?

In PM Ruffster...

Ok...going to decide this by tomorrow as it's making me batshit crazy, in a very good way though. I was at first disappointed in myself that these answers didn't come easily to me. It seems that if I've been paying attention that they should. But then I began recieving answers from those much smarter than myself and found that it didn't come easy for them either. I feel better now...

I so very proud to be a part of this group of providers. Truly.

Dwayne

Ok, so here goes....

1. Old Guard. chbare. This was really close to tell the truth. Paramedicmike, Richard B, akflightmedic, tniuqs, Doc, and Herbie were all discussed here. I made this decision based on the fact that chbare was present on every list that was sent to me on this category. He's certainly one of the most intelligent posters that we've been blessed with at the City, and continues to post despite his busy schedule. I'm grateful that he hasn't moved on like so many others.

2. Outstanding BLSer. UglyEMT. It was a knock down drag out fight between Ugly and Eydawn, but I ultimately made the decision based simply on the fact that Ugly is working in the field while Wendy continues her already impressive education. She is also my dear friend. :-) Not fair perhaps, but I just really didn't know what to do here. There are truly so many deserving...

3. Most improved poster. Lonestar. Kate, Mikey were in here too, and I really agree with them as a nominees, but LS is more prolific, and when we stay out of the political arena I've gone from truly hating every single one of his posts to actively seeking out his posts now in the medical forums.

4. Most inspiring up and commer. Beiber. This was truly not terribly difficult. Though Tcripp came up a lot as a new medic, and rightfully so, Beiber was the number one pic on every single list. Witty, brave, intelligent, political, skin as thick as an gator...He inspires me every day to be better. And I'm confident that he inspires others too. I have noticed that we are sometimes a little easy on him because we like him so much...so this is my call to arms...kick his ass and make him start flexing his muscles in the forums! I'm confident that he can take it...

5. The soul of EMS/EMTCity. Mobey. I really hated this category after I got to speaking to people about it. Like Fiz (I think) told me, "The heart of EMS/EMTCity isn't found complete in any one person, but in the strength and completeness we find as a group. Each person that participates is strong where another is week, and of course the reverse is true also." (Paraphrasing)

I do love Mobey for this spot though. He's smart, and strong, and kind. I see him argue with those that are his seniors, and mentor those that are junior to him in both experience and education. He seems to feel that he has learned here and should now feel an obligation to teach. And I believe that this is the heart of EMS and the City. He's not a hand holder, not even for the hot chicks, but teaches those that need their hands held to learn to stand on their own two feet. He is a perfect fit here.

That's the 5!! But....

I'm going to send out the necklace that was sent to me. For two reasons, in the spirit of all that is foundation here this person deserves it more than I do. Also, It is pretty heavy and would make my necklace too heavy and wouldn't be worn. (Yeah, I know, cause I tried)

I'm going to send mine to fiznat in the category of Soul of EMS/EMTCity. He's smart, kind, amazingly introspective, and is willing to post his call review naked, warts and all to allow himself and others to learn from them. His blog, Baby Medic , inspired me through medic school, and continues to inspire me today. If he ever turns it into a book I'll pay a kings ransom for the first copy as it will be huge and should be made mandatory reading for every new medic class. I have never seen fiz blink when it comes to honesty, or curiosity, and he was even fully committed to helping me flesh out the folks that won these categories, though the final decisions were mine alone.

If the winners would be so kind as to get with Wendy so she can do her bios, and send me the address that you want your necklace mailed to, that would be awesome!

Thanks to all that participated, and most of all to the winners for being the leaders, and teachers, and friends that make this such a rewarding place to come.

And thanks also to Tribal Hollywood for these cool necklaces and the inspiration for this contest!

Dwayne

Edit. I was mentioned by several that we make this a regular thing..? Say, every six months or so? I can't remember if we've tried it before or not, but would sure love to give it a go!!

Edited by DwayneEMTP

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.