Fentanyl vs Morphine

If its mandated than we must carry and comply. If not, then the option to not have will be the option. I'm not saying I would; I'm not the owner. I was looking it at the owner's side. As for being a Paramedic; I want more training and all the skills possible but I do have to look at it financially. I don't work on the road. I would like to know the site which shows the price for Morphine & Fentanyl. Thanks...

Look in the Boundtree or EMP catalogs on line.

If its mandated than we must carry and comply. If not, then the option to not have will be the option. I'm not saying I would; I'm not the owner. I was looking it at the owner's side. As for being a Paramedic; I want more training and all the skills possible but I do have to look at it financially. I don't work on the road. I would like to know the site which shows the price for Morphine & Fentanyl. Thanks...

Look in the Boundtree or EMP catalogs on line.

Post # 17 of this topic I supplied the link.

<br />Not gonna get into the discusion of which is better because thats not what the original questions asked and you'll never get a solid answer on that, they are different drugs and both have their pros and cons. Cost though according to our pharmacy that we replace our drugs at is as follow:<br />

<br />

Fentanyl Inj 100mcg/2ml - $0.28<br />

Mophine 2mg/ml carpuject - $0.89<br />

Mophine 4mg/ml carpuject - $0.92<br />

Mophine 10mg/ml carpuject - $0.91<br />

<br />

Hope this helps. Let us know the outcome.<br />

<br /><br /><br />

4mg costs more than 10mg?? Not questioning the by numbers being correct, just dont know why more costs less?

<br /><br /><br />

4mg costs more than 10mg?? Not questioning the by numbers being correct, just dont know why more costs less?

probably based on the volume they sell

while it seems some people are wedded to doses that i'd consider ' won't touch the sides' like 2 mg being the total dose rather than the initial bolus .. and others will use 10 mg and titrate .. which might leave 4mg out in the cold volume wise as the actual cost ofthe drug is probably small compared to the cost of the prefilled device like a carpuject ...

I will start an iv and give 100mcg of fentanyl to a suspected hip fracture prior to moving them unless they are critical.

I have found giving pain meds prior to movement a great adjunct to care.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

I will start an iv and give 100mcg of fentanyl to a suspected hip fracture prior to moving them unless they are critical.

I have found giving pain meds prior to movement a great adjunct to care.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Agreed and have done it many times. The quick action of this medication is preferred for the exact reason Ruff stated. Any type of trauma that is painful to even move the pt. gets some Fentanyl from me. Morphine just takes to long to work in this situation but does have it's place in the bag.

It is crucial for pt. care to have the option for both.

Agreed and have done it many times. The quick action of this medication is preferred for the exact reason Ruff stated. Any type of trauma that is painful to even move the pt. gets some Fentanyl from me. Morphine just takes to long to work in this situation but does have it's place in the bag.

It is crucial for pt. care to have the option for both.

It's hard for me to provide much treatment on scene as our scene times are closely watched and it's our times that we're evaluated on in our performance reviews. Unless it's something critical that NEEDS to be done on scene, I reserve most of my treatments for in the back of the truck because of this.

It's hard for me to provide much treatment on scene as our scene times are closely watched and it's our times that we're evaluated on in our performance reviews. Unless it's something critical that NEEDS to be done on scene, I reserve most of my treatments for in the back of the truck because of this.

I hear ya and that's really too bad. I don't condone staying unnecessarily long on scene, but my pt. care comes first. THAT is what you should be watched on, pt. care. Whilst your partner is getting ready to package the pt. for transport, start a lock and administer some pain meds. It doesn't take that long as you know.

If you documented we were 2 minutes longer on scene to administer IV pain control prior to moving the patient, would that be dinged? Sure not, I hope.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.