Do not text and walk...

akflightmedic

Yes, I was texting and walking and fell in a fountain...someone MUST be responsible but it is NOT me!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/fountain-lady-nobody-went-to-my-aid-23909987

Quote: But what if I walked into a bus ?

Then Darwin would be proven right .

The whole gist of the story is you got caught on video doing something that you ADMIT was stupid. You further stated that you KNEW BETTER.

So someone found your 'misfortune' funny.....that happens every day, get used to it.

The only one that should worry about getting sued by you is YOU!

If you were watching where you were going instead of blindly ambulating while texting, none of this would have happened in the first place. You wouldn't have been 'embarrassed to death', and no one would have had any video to post to youtube.

You learned a lesson, take it, and go forth and text while walking no more!

Can you just imagine if she were chewing gum ? ...

Wrigley s narrowly missed a huge litigation problem ... whew.

Damages for international embarrassment might be later determined, but, in my opinion, she might win for the mall security office allowing the 2 "security" tapes being allowed to go to YouTube. I believe those are owned by the security company, or the mall, and as such, are private property in semi-public areas.

I would say she would be simply out of luck, if it had been just a bystander with a cellphone camera, THAT person could not be restrained against posting to Youtube.

On the separate matter that the people in the security office laughed at her, instead of attempting any sort of help, that might be a lawsuit under legal duty to act, but I really don't know what rules security, special, or special police, officers operate under. That is a whole different specialty.

As they say in these parts, Only In Pennsylvania!

This happened in the Berkshire Mall in Reading, I've been there plenty of times and like every other mall in america.....it is heavily populated by mindless zombies who wonder aimlessly while fixated with those little hand held gadgets!

Everyone can bet their sweet ass that she's gonna sue.....and she's gonna win....BIG TIME! That's just what they do here in Pa.

The way I heard it was that she was told by her son that her lil "accident" was on the internet. Something tells me she told her family about the "accident" after showing up at the house completly drenched. Now by looking at the video, how many people would have known that the zombie in the video was her? Me thinks her family threw her under the short bus by telling all their friends and so on.....

.......:| .........only in Pennsylvania.....keep on scratching!!

I wonder how 'distraught and embarrassed' she would be if her video was chosen as a winner (like on America's Funniest Home Videos) and she got a chunk of money out of it....

Like I said in my previous post, she was doing something that she admits was stupid and further admits that she knew it wasn't a good idea to do. It got caught on video and someone found it funny.....oh well!

If it were me in that situation, I'd start by being extremely glad that I didnt break anything!

Somehow, I think the rules for "America's Funniest Videos" don't allow for security footage, just stuff shot by regular folks that either set up something, like the singers accompanied by their singing dogs, or just lucky shots of the gang in the inflatable pool riding the waves across the backyard when the pool wall gives 'way.