Dire Straits "Money for Nothing"

Happiness

What is Canadian Broadcast Standards Council smoking or (not) smoking because they are defiantly sub thereputic with some type of medication for sure ... this is a rock classic, 25 years old and got a Grammy ... its laughable and highly likely it will increase CD sales.

Lets see what other words can we ban / censor from our vocabulary ? What a joke ... now where did I put my CD so I can send it to CBSC because one person did not like a "word" used ?

I guess the COMMUNIST BROADCASTING STANDARDS COUNCIL never listened to any rap or hip hop ? Should we ask them did they know that Sir Elton John is a self proclaimed <insert "F" word> ? And gasp Eric is wearing a "Pinko" suit ..... :withstupid:

In protest of stupidity I demand that everyone clicks on this link, crank the speakers to:

MAX !

Rock and Roll will never Die !

Edited by tniuqs

http://www.cbc.ca/arts/music/story/2011/01/13/money-for-nothing-radio-play-censor.html

Well check out this link ... they ban, but CBC news put a link to the SONG .... LMFAO.

Look at the comments by "Real Canadian People" about this Moron Squad.

Edited by tniuqs

I did find it interesting, Squint, that the video you embedded in your previous post played a "censored" version of the song in question.

Gosh I did not listen to that version because I was listning to to this new version:

I want my....I want my free speech....look at all the yoyo's at the cbsc.....getting there money for nothing....ya that's the way you do it.....couldn't get real job's....cause there all nobs....the little magot from newfoundland got offended.....now everyone in canada got a price to pay.....just because of someone gay.... I want my.....I want my free speech.

cheers

Zactly Richard: The old saying comes to light ... you can't please all of the people all of the time.

Lets put things into perspective, Canada was one of the first Country's in the supposed FREE World to permit gay marriage, if you are gay in some countries in this "modern world" then you could be executed or tortured or live in fear or not even serve in your country's military ;>)

But that's not good enough for the whiner from NL and this results, the banning of a song / accustical art form until "modification" of soundtrack is "approved". When did Canada become so, and it's the proper word - retarded ? Hell, even the organised gay rights groups are saying this song is not offensive. The big question is just where is the end point, and can you hear George Orwell laughing in the background ?

One thing I do know that "Get Money for Nothing" should become the CBC theme song.

cheers

Edited by tniuqs

Zactly Richard: The old saying comes to light ... you can't please all of the people all of the time.

It's no longer a concern about pleasing anyone, you had better NOT offend that one person!

Should we change the lyrics to "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" next?

Momentarily increase light intensity, momentarily increase light intensity diminutive self-luminous celestial body... yeah, that ought to fix it!

It's suggested that I refrain from using certain words because they're 'offensive', yet I still have to endure a barrage of words I find offensive, and nothing is done about it!

It appears that all these 'ofended people' are willling to DEMAND that I watch what I say, yet are unwilling to reciprocate. I thought respect and fair treatment were two way streets. It's very clear that while I have to be very careful about what I say, no other group is limited in how many disparaging ways I am to be addressed.

At this rate, no one will be allowed to say, type, or think ANYTHING for fear that it MIGHT offend!

It is my opinion that if a word is so 'offensive', then it should be struck down for EVERYONE! Don't hand me this "it's ok if the ingroup uses 'that word', but no one from the outgroup is allowed to use 'that word'!"

I think we need to quit being so sensitive, and focus our attentions on more important matters at hand....

It's no longer a concern about pleasing anyone, you had better NOT offend that one person!

Should we change the lyrics to "Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star" next?

Momentarily increase light intensity, momentarily increase light intensity diminutive self-luminous celestial body... yeah, that ought to fix it!

It's suggested that I refrain from using certain words because they're 'offensive', yet I still have to endure a barrage of words I find offensive, and nothing is done about it!

It appears that all these 'ofended people' are willling to DEMAND that I watch what I say, yet are unwilling to reciprocate. I thought respect and fair treatment were two way streets. It's very clear that while I have to be very careful about what I say, no other group is limited in how many disparaging ways I am to be addressed.

At this rate, no one will be allowed to say, type, or think ANYTHING for fear that it MIGHT offend!

It is my opinion that if a word is so 'offensive', then it should be struck down for EVERYONE! Don't hand me this "it's ok if the ingroup uses 'that word', but no one from the outgroup is allowed to use 'that word'!"

I think we need to quit being so sensitive, and focus our attentions on more important matters at hand....

LS- speaking of PC-

Did you hear that someone has republished "Mark Twain" and removed every instance of the dreaded "N" word? Seems he felt it was no longer appropriate for our current times.

Unflipping believable. Granted, the group/person that's doing it can only afford to put our a limited number of edited copies, but that's not the point.

I told someone that they should have gotten one of the rappers to do an audio book version of Twain, since it's OK for them to use that word. It would probably sell millions of copies, too.