Don't Ask, Don't Tell Repealed

Eydawn

Again AK you give me things to think about. I didn't think about it from the perspective you gave but I still would be uncomfortable having my child in a homosexual run day care.

You did not answer what behaviors would you see or would your son be exposed which concern you?

I know that there would be no ass slapping or anything like that. I don't think that with my son being 8 and having formed a somewhat well formed world view I would expect that he would be OK with the situation but the questions he'd have would be I guess more uncomfortable for me to answer than him to ask.

unfortunately you cannot guarantee that there would be no showing of the homosexual lifestyle such as their partners coming into the daycare and no different than heterosexuals, kissing good by and all that. I think that the questions he would bring home would be more uncomfortable for me to answer if you know what I'm tyring to say.

Every daycare around here has very strict guidelines on who can and cannot enter the facility. Regardless of those restrictions, why do you automatically assume if one's partner showed up there would be signs of affection? I do not always kiss my spouse when at her work and there are no kids around. Also, why would your son have uncomfortable questions when you say he is already aware of a gay brother?

My son is adopted, he has a gay brother(birth family). He knows that his brother is Gay. He asks about him and says that he loves his brother but does not like his lifestyle. Mattie (brother) is a openly gay homosexual and he does not care who knows it.
Should he care who knows if it is him? What does an 8 year old know of his lifestyle other than what he observes in his parental units? Again, just asking...

My son says he loves his brother but does not like his lifestyle which he believes is wrong. I'm sure that's my and my wifes influence on him but he is old enough to make his own decisions on this type of thing. I can guide him in what my beliefs are and his mother also but I think he's making his own decisions pretty well.
In one sentence you say it is your and your wife's influence and in another you say he is making his own decisions. Regardless of how precocious a child is, he has absolutely zero life experience upon which to judge (approve or disapprove) of anyone's lifestyle outside of what he has heard and seen demonstrated by his immediate surroundings or family.

You did not answer what behaviors would you see or would your son be exposed which concern you?

the one behaviour I suppose would be one of the workers kissing his partner good bye after being dropped off work. I am not saying if it will happen or not but that is one behaviour.

Every daycare around here has very strict guidelines on who can and cannot enter the facility. Regardless of those restrictions, why do you automatically assume if one's partner showed up there would be signs of affection? I do not always kiss my spouse when at her work and there are no kids around. Also, why would your son have uncomfortable questions when you say he is already aware of a gay brother?

No I don't automatically assume it would happen but It might. Why are you assuming that this won't happen?

My son has already had questions about his brother. I tried to answer his questions but who knows if I gave him the right answers or not.

Should he care who knows if it is him? What does an 8 year old know of his lifestyle other than what he observes in his parental units? Again, just asking...

Again, i am not disputing the fact that his responses are more of my responses. I know how kids learn and they take the queues from their parents. He has never once said he hated or didn't like his brother, just his lifestyle.

In one sentence you say it is your and your wife's influence and in another you say he is making his own decisions. Regardless of how precocious a child is, he has absolutely zero life experience upon which to judge (approve or disapprove) of anyone's lifestyle outside of what he has heard and seen demonstrated by his immediate surroundings or family.

I agree with you AK as to your statement but I think he is smart enough to form some opinion as to what he believes. I know you don't believe that but that is where we part ways in agreement which is fine with me.

I'd like to continue this discussion as you always bring a lot for me to think about but I think that this is getting away from the public forum purposes and should be in pm's if you wish. If you don't wish to continue this via pm's I understand. Either or works for me.

In my opinion it has worked good this far, so why even change it...if it's not broken then don't fix it

Define "worked good" please. How many lives/careers have been destroyed by this idiotic rule? How many kick ass soldiers from our very much needed fighting force have we lost due to this rule? Also look up how many translators and high level mission essential personnel have been booted as well...you define this as "worked good"?

If we waited for things to be broken before IMPROVING them, we would still be living in caves...I mean after all it, is shelter and it provided what it is supposed to...why did we go and "fix it"?

Your line of reasoning is highly suspect and illogical.

Remember that i have already come out in favor of this in this forum and in previous forums, but being the troll that I am, I have to ask: Why are you a homophobe if you just disagree with the lifestyle ? Like it or not, the Bible is very harsh on homosexuality, from the standpoint of the "behavior exhibited" by homosexuals. If I have a problem with this behavior, and choose not to associate with them, that does not make me scared of them. I do not condone child molestation, rape, or beastiality; so if I choose not to associate with people who commit these acts, it is because I do not condone the behavior, its not because I am a pediphilephobe, a rapistphobe, or a beastialityphobe.

Remember that i have already come out in favor of this in this forum and in previous forums, but being the troll that I am, I have to ask: Why are you a homophobe if you just disagree with the lifestyle ? Like it or not, the Bible is very harsh on homosexuality, from the standpoint of the "behavior exhibited" by homosexuals. If I have a problem with this behavior, and choose not to associate with them, that does not make me scared of them. I do not condone child molestation, rape, or beastiality; so if I choose not to associate with people who commit these acts, it is because I do not condone the behavior, its not because I am a pediphilephobe, a rapistphobe, or a beastialityphobe.

To compare homosexuality to pedophilia and rape is inappropriate. They are acts committed against someone with out their consent. As for beastiallity, it's not my thing but as long as the animal gave their consent...

I was wondering when the pink elephant in the room would be brought up. If we are going to bring up the bible, we also have to ask, did you stone your children for misbehaving as it says in Deuteronomy and Exodus? As medical professionals, we should all be put to death since we work on the sabbath (Exodus). Women who are not virgins on their wedding night are supposed to be killed also, luckily for us men, it does not apply. We are also supposed to be destroying entire towns if one non-believer is found to be living there. The bible also allows us to have slaves and tells us how to treat them and how they should act. For a book that is so perfectly written, it's funny how much we pick and choose to follow.

• Like 2

To compare homosexuality to pedophilia and rape is inappropriate. They are acts committed against someone with out their consent. As for beastiallity, it's not my thing but as long as the animal gave their consent...

I was wondering when the pink elephant in the room would be brought up. If we are going to bring up the bible, we also have to ask, did you stone your children for misbehaving as it says in Deuteronomy and Exodus? As medical professionals, we should all be put to death since we work on the sabbath (Exodus). Women who are not virgins on their wedding night are supposed to be killed also, luckily for us men, it does not apply. We are also supposed to be destroying entire towns if one non-believer is found to be living there. The bible also allows us to have slaves and tells us how to treat them and how they should act. For a book that is so perfectly written, it's funny how much we pick and choose to follow.

But Doc...thats the OLD Testament...(insert sarcasm here). :P

Why are you a homophobe if you just disagree with the lifestyle ? Like it or not, the Bible is very harsh on homosexuality,

And since when did the Bible become the standard for all to follow? It doesn't dictate MY moral code, never has, never will. And if the Bible is homophobic and one chooses to follow its edict, then by proxy they are homophobic, no?

Sevral million Christians would argue that it should. I think they would also point out that we humans find a way to justify our sins, so that we do not have to do the right thing. I am surprised that none of those who are religous have not spoken up on this one, where are you guys ?

Sevral million Christians would argue that it should. I think they would also point out that we humans find a way to justify our sins, so that we do not have to do the right thing. I am surprised that none of those who are religous have not spoken up on this one, where are you guys ?

However, several million Christians love to pick and choose which passages of the bible to follow. I can understand discarding the more barbaric phrases, such as murdering non-virgin women who try to marry. However, what good reasons are there to discard kosher meals or the prohibition of wearing clothes made of mixed fiber?