Vibrating watch needed!

mobey

Didn't really know where else to put this..... but it is non-EMS related.

Me and my wife are desperatly looking for a vibrating watch as a potty reminder for our 8yr old daughter.

She is going in for invasive tests in the near future to find out why she never feels the urge to drain her bladder, but instead finds out it is full the hard way (in the middle of class).

There is a "potty watch" called a Wobl Watch, made by PottyMD. The problem is, they are oversold, and EVERY distributor is out with no expected restock anytime soon.

We really don't care about the brand name, that is just the only one we can find.

We do not want a chime style watch since she is getting picked on in school already. For a chime to go off, then she leaves the room to go to the bathroom would only give the kids fuel.

These watches are not sold in Canada, and I would really appreciate anyones help.... maybe you have one you would sell? Perhaps you know a local store that is not online and would mail one to me?

Any help is really appreciated

Thank you

Mobey

(PS, any other advice/ideas are appreciated)

Try her with mentral pads that maybe enough protection for her to make it to the bathroom without being embarrased. I would do it on the weekend to start so she can get the feeling of it all. Good luck kids can be ruthless on the playground

Try her with mentral pads that maybe enough protection for her to make it to the bathroom without being embarrased. I would do it on the weekend to start so she can get the feeling of it all. Good luck kids can be ruthless on the playground

Good idea, thank you.

We always have the option of pull-ups... but as she says "I am too big for diapers"

We really want to be as proactive as possible.

Weekends are good, no accidents, but we remind her hourly. Just need some help at school now (don't get me started on the teacher though, no help there).

Amazon search for "wobl watch" reveals:

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=wobl+watch&rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Awobl+watch&enc=1&ajr=3

Good luck! Poor kid, wonder if there's some kind of nerve damage there... that really sucks! And kids are definitely brutal.

--Wendy

Man Mobey, I'm really sorry to hear that. I can't think of anything more worrisome or frustrating than having to send your baby out into the world with a challenge when you can't be there to watch over them....

If none of the options on Wendy's link works out shoot me a note and I will put Babs on it. From finding freakish things for Dylan she can find just about anything... (For those not familiar with my family, my son Dylan is autistic, so when I say freakish it's only in the sense of things you might look for for a normally developing child...just sayin'. Didn't want imaginations to wander... :-) )

Good luck brother. If you need help beating up any bratty eight year olds, give me a call, I've got a few weeks off coming up...

Dwayne

I am unsure if this is the answer, but any standard alarm watch with a vibrator function instead of a buzzer, chime or bell might serve your purposes. Ask at your friendly neighborhood jewelers.

The site I found is US located, but does ship internationally. It has an 800 number listed so I imagine you can get more information from them. Looks like a great site- has plenty of resources- books, supplies, etc- for this problem. Good luck, Mobey.

This one says it's out of stock but claims item will ship on or about 11/15:

http://bedwettingsto..._vibralite3.htm

This actually looks like a pager- can be worn discreetly on a belt, and is also only $40, AND it claims it's in stock.

http://bedwettingsto...sible_clock.htm