ePCR IMAGE TREND ?

We have just been told that EMAIS is out, and the "image trend" is in. (didnt get much info from their web site.) seems no demo available.

There will be an on line protocol rollout coming from MIEMSS in the future

Does anyone on here use this, any thoughts are much appreciated, but I dunno how much complaining will do since it looks like they already demoed it and we are getting it.. THANKS

http://www.imagetrend.com/?pid=1.5.2

While I am unfamiliar with that particular program, it is the wave of the future. Hospitals have been doing it for years now- everything is electronic. It may be a pain in the arse, but the advantage is easier accessibility to information. In the case of EMS, it's generally all about generating a bill faster. It also means Q&A is easier, easier retrieval of reports for potential litigation, etc. Within 48 hours of a transport, our system has a bill in the mail. Of course, reimbursement rates are another issue entirely- they still average around 1/3 here. It saves money, time, storage costs, and personnel- most of the work is down electronically.

The programs have gotten better, and hopefully you guys will have input as far as how it will be set up, and the nuts and bolts of how the program interfaces with the user. Additionally, pay close attention to the type of laptop they use- we now use Toughbooks, which are far more durable that our first models. Problem is, they also become obsolete rather quickly, so make sure the project is set up with frequent upgrades of the software AND the hardware.

We have just been told that EMAIS is out, and the "image trend" is in. (didnt get much info from their web site.) seems no demo available.

There will be an on line protocol rollout coming from MIEMSS in the future

Does anyone on here use this, any thoughts are much appreciated, but I dunno how much complaining will do since it looks like they already demoed it and we are getting it.. THANKS

http://www.imagetrend.com/?pid=1.5.2

You have my deepest sympathy!

We had imagetrend shoved down our throats 2 years ago. It SUCKS.

We had been using another vendors product for close to ten years and could complete a quality run report in about 20 minutes.

Imagetrend is 45 minute minimum and is very user unfriendly. Terrible layout of the data fields, drug listing is not current, no medical spell check dictionary, no learn this word/spelling feature.

As an administrator , you need a degree in computer sciences to make it function and generate any reports.

Did I mention it SUCKS the big one ????? :thumbsdown:

We got ImageTrend a few months ago and it's pretty universally hated. Although a step up from hand-written reports in the sense of being able to look back and such, it is very slow. Like said above, minimum 45min to go through everything and that's a routine call in which you didn't do much. It's very easy to miss something, you very often have to go back, the layout is terrible, the list of procedures and diagnoses sucks. Basically, it leaves a lot to be desired, but most of Michigan is on it. When we log-on, it's through the state site.

Really, that has not been our experience at all. We use the Field Bridge and while it took some a little time to get the protocols set up they are really a huge time saver. It takes us around 8-15 minutes to complete a run. When we have had problems the support has been great. While I understand that getting it "shoved down your throat" is difficult, give it a chance. Once we did it has worked great. Good luck in Maryland. I think you will be very happy.

I am a bit confused by some of these comments. My service has been using ImageTrend for almost 3 years now. I can understand that there is a learning curve but saying that it takes 45 minutes to complete a run form might be a stretch. Our service was able to design our run forms and create different run forms for different types of calls (i.e. canceled calls and other forms). When we were evaluating other software that was on the market, we didnt find one that had a medical spell check in it but that certainly would be nice. ImageTrend has had amazing customer support and has been more than willing to assist us whenever we needed help. After attending their user conference, we spent time with a lot of their customers. They have some large cities that they work with and this helped us out considering we only do 3500 calls a year, in regards to sharing of new ideas and work flow.

There is a demo as well on their website but you have to request it:

http://www.imagetrend.com/default.cfm?PID=1.3.1

On the left hand side of the page it mentions for a trial of the EMS software.

Hope that helps. Don't give up hope.

Stay safe.

I am a bit confused by some of these comments. My service has been using ImageTrend for almost 3 years now. I can understand that there is a learning curve but saying that it takes 45 minutes to complete a run form might be a stretch. Our service was able to design our run forms and create different run forms for different types of calls (i.e. canceled calls and other forms). When we were evaluating other software that was on the market, we didnt find one that had a medical spell check in it but that certainly would be nice. ImageTrend has had amazing customer support and has been more than willing to assist us whenever we needed help. After attending their user conference, we spent time with a lot of their customers. They have some large cities that they work with and this helped us out considering we only do 3500 calls a year, in regards to sharing of new ideas and work flow.

There is a demo as well on their website but you have to request it:

http://www.imagetrend.com/default.cfm?PID=1.3.1

On the left hand side of the page it mentions for a trial of the EMS software.

Hope that helps. Don't give up hope.

Stay safe.

FM: It's great that you are allowed to custom tailor different reports to suit the required info. We also use the field bridge which we had to pay for in order to put it on our laptop. We are given a standard PCR format that is used for every call from a simple lift assist to a multisystem trauma with very few shortcuts to avoid unneeded pull down menus. The states computer geek is working to make changes to the data fields but after several years it's still nowhere as easy to use as other software programs. It's just not intuitive in he layout of info needed to complete a report..

While I do have a degree in prehospital emergency care, I don't have a degree in geek and I'm way too old to have to get one now. When I went to school there was no such invention as a computer. We still used abacus's and learned how to type on an Olivetti.

If they want to make it user friendly they should cross platform it so We could use it on an I pad or Ipod touch. :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

FM: It's great that you are allowed to custom tailor different reports to suit the required info. We also use the field bridge which we had to pay for in order to put it on our laptop. We are given a standard PCR format that is used for every call from a simple lift assist to a multisystem trauma with very few shortcuts to avoid unneeded pull down menus. The states computer geek is working to make changes to the data fields but after several years it's still nowhere as easy to use as other software programs. It's just not intuitive in he layout of info needed to complete a report..

While I do have a degree in prehospital emergency care, I don't have a degree in geek and I'm way too old to have to get one now. When I went to school there was no such invention as a computer. We still used abacus's and learned how to type on an Olivetti.

If they want to make it user friendly they should cross platform it so We could use it on an I pad or Ipod touch. :thumbsup:

Island EMT: I can understand your point. I would assume that you are fire based which is the same as my department. I know we saw the same issues initially but through time we worked into a system. The Field Bridge has made life a lot easier for us. They also added some capabilities of capturing NFIRS data as well to minimizing some of the double entry scenarios. We evaluated a lot of different systems that were out there at the time and ImageTrend's support and and company as a whole was ahead of everyone. The biggest thing that I have seen with a lot of companies out there is that the support departments are terrible. At least when we have had an issue, a "live" person picks up the phone and walks us through anything.

The Ipad idea seems great but I know that after going to conferences, companies are having a hard time with the Apple infrastructure and having an "open source" style of operating. This apparently is something that is difficult to navigate. I hope that your states computer geek can help you out. I like you have had to learn the geek part of this job as we progress into the future. I have seen a lot things change and the computer portion of the job is only going to get more intensive. Take care and stay safe.

Edited by FireMedic35203

I do not know the name of the system or brand used by the FDNY EMS, but, basically, you still fill out a paper report, which then gets "scanned in" to the system, asking verifications on all the checked boxes, if the alphanumerics read are correct, and so forth. While the actual writing of the ePCR can be done by some while still in transit to the ER, the scanning in can take up a nice chunk of time for each ePCR. Remember, FDNY EMS is a busy system, where each unit in it's 8 hour tour might generate as many as 12 ePCRs (presuming multiple patients at car accidents, even if they sign the "Refused Medical Assistance" portion on the ePCRs).

Yes, the scanning speeds up the billing, but the paperwork is still going into storage somewhere. I do not forsee the FDNY EMS going totally paperless for the forseeable future.

• 7 months later...

We have been using Image Trend here in Memphis for about 2 years now on Panasonic Toughbooks. Initially there were some growing pains but all in all I am pretty pleased. I have used EMS Charts and currently use Zoll Rescue Net at my side job. The thing about image trend that will make or break it is the configuration of your agencies specific program. When we initially rolled it out report time were an hour or more cue to both operator learning curve and having to tweak the program to our needs. Our EMS administration placed and EMS Lieutenant in each of our receiving hospitals for the first week or so when we rolled it out to assist with any issues that arose and that helped tremendously. In addition to that they worked very closely with field staff, administration, billing, and Image Trend to tweak our specific program as we grew into it. I am now able to complete most reports in about 15-20 minutes. We have our Philips MrX monitors set up to transfer monitor data via bluetooth to the PCR and also to transmit 12 lead EKG's which works very well.

Good Luck

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.