Formatting issues

DwayneEMTP

Ok, so this is driving me batshit.

I find it very, very difficult to have an intelligent (if you can call what I post intelligent) without using them, but they have become so troublesome that I'm considering just simply not posting any more.

I have very few opinions that can be expressed in a few lines, but beyond that the editor seems to become hinky. But I'm not sure how to have a multi-poster discussion that's even halfway clear without it.

Anyone else having this problem? It sometimes takes me 15-20 tries to get one small post posted by the time I've reedited it over, and over, and I'm just not willing to do so any more I think..

I've tried using IE, Firefox, and my favorite, Safari, all on different posts with the same results.

Admin, any chance you're going to take this seriously or is it time to find a new place for me to post my silly ideas??

Dwayne

I've also had problems with the multi-quote function... I think there's a glitch in the editor somewhere. Bad line of code, maybe?

Admin? What is going on??

--Wendy

I find it very, very difficult to have an intelligent (if you can call what I post intelligent) without using them, but they have become so troublesome that I'm considering just simply not posting any more.

I have very few opinions that can be expressed in a few lines, but beyond that the editor seems to become hinky. But I'm not sure how to have a multi-poster discussion that's even halfway clear without it.

Anyone else having this problem? It sometimes takes me 15-20 tries to get one small post posted by the time I've reedited it over, and over, and I'm just not willing to do so any more I think..

I've tried using IE, Firefox, and my favorite, Safari, all on different posts with the same results.

Admin, any chance you're going to take this seriously or is it time to find a new place for me to post my silly ideas??

Dwayne

This is a test to see if I have problems.

I've also had problems with the multi-quote function... I think there's a glitch in the editor somewhere. Bad line of code, maybe?

--Wendy

This is a test to see if I have problems. I do not use multiqoute so thought I would try.

Most of my postings, with and without quotes from other City members, is on the "Flock" platform. I don't recall the last time I had trouble. Oh, if not on Flock, I'm using AOL.

Dwayne

--Wendy

This is a test to see if I have problems. I do not use multiqoute so thought I would try.

Most of my postings, with and without quotes from other City members, is on the "Flock" platform. I don't recall the last time I had trouble. Oh, if not on Flock, I'm using AOL.

I'm on IE and it seems to work fine. Perhaps it is on a setting on individual comp.

Dwayne

test

--Wendy

test

test

test

I'm on IE and it seems to work fine. Perhaps it is on a setting on individual comp.

test

Seems to be working fine for me.

Proper use included you selecting the "multi quote" button under each persons comment you wish to reply to.

I haven't used the multi-quote yet. If I am quoting several portions of one poster's posting, or quoting several people, I use the "quote" button, edit it down to the one or two lines I am interested in, post them, and then repeat the process on other lines, or other poster's lines, and hope nobody else puts up a posting while I am doing it. If done quickly enough, it will go in as one posting, not an edited post. If someone does put up a posting, my next entry will be taken as a new posting.

If I am replying with a number of quotes, I tend to build my posts in Word, and copy and paste the start and end quote information several times, then deleting what I don't want from each part. Cumbersome, yes, but then I find that it does my spell check and I can move stuff around easier than with using the multi-quote inside the city. Then when I copy and paste it into my reply, it keeps the correct formatting to show as quotes.

Sometimes, my internet service sucks, so I will type a long post, and then when I submit, it gives me the dreaded "cannot display this page" message - when I compile my post in Word, I don't swear nearly as much because I don't have to re-type it again and again.

Unfortunately Dwayne, I think you need to find a 14 year old computer geek, who will take 10 seconds, look at your situation, and hit 3 keystrokes to correct it.

Dwayne

--Wendy

test

test

test

test

test

Proper use included you selecting the "multi quote" button under each persons comment you wish to reply to.

I haven't used the multi-quote yet. If I am quoting several portions of one poster's posting, or quoting several people, I use the "quote" button, edit it down to the one or two lines I am interested in, post them, and then repeat the process on other lines, or other poster's lines, and hope nobody else puts up a posting while I am doing it. If done quickly enough, it will go in as one posting, not an edited post. If someone does put up a posting, my next entry will be taken as a new posting.

If I am replying with a number of quotes, I tend to build my posts in Word, and copy and paste the start and end quote information several times, then deleting what I don't want from each part. Cumbersome, yes, but then I find that it does my spell check and I can move stuff around easier than with using the multi-quote inside the city. Then when I copy and paste it into my reply, it keeps the correct formatting to show as quotes.

Sometimes, my internet service sucks, so I will type a long post, and then when I submit, it gives me the dreaded "cannot display this page" message - when I compile my post in Word, I don't swear nearly as much because I don't have to re-type it again and again.

Unfortunately Dwayne, I think you need to find a 14 year old computer geek, who will take 10 seconds, look at your situation, and hit 3 keystrokes to correct it.

Never had a problem, plus after the inital post you can pretty much put all the forum code in by hand ..

--Wendy

test

test

test

test

test

Never had a problem, plus after the inital post you can pretty much put all the forum code in by hand ..

All I did was 'multiquote' everybody, then clicked 'Add Reply', 'Preview Post' and then added my comments. I previewed the post a second time to make sure it was acceptable and then 'Add Reply' again. Must be 'User Error'?