American, terrorist? Lose citizenship!

FireMedic65

Okay, so some person from another country becomes an American citizen, is involved with terrorism and gets caught, so you send em back to where they came from where they will probably be hailed a hero and be able to continue being a terrorist.

Awesome idea!

No, you lose all right as an American and are charged with criminal acts as a terrorist. You aren't simply deported. You are thrown in a prison like Guantanamo Bay. This I have no problem with. BUT if you are accused of terrorism, you can be held with just cause of being a "terrorist" and basically done with what they want. No trial or anything, just tossed in a prison off US soil.

For example, I am surfing the web, and I click on a link that takes me to a webpage on how to build a bomb. Or I am doing research for a school report and I come across material that might be considered "terrorist stuff". Just so happens DHS is monitoring activity on such webpages and then the FBI crashes down my door and I am stuffed in a cell at an undisclosed location. Brought up on charges of being a terrorist and that's that.

At least that's what I got out of the article.

Counsel to the American Civil Liberties Union." Taking away someone's citizenship is a truly extraordinary step and to do that based on mere suspicion and to be giving that power to government bureaucrats without ever having a court trial will be an amazing step."

This struck me as something about the ACLU that I can agree with.

But isn't this what the government wants to do anyway. Giving more power to the government

What's really frightening is this, we as a collective people are giving away more and more of what it means to be americans to the government.

We have effectively given away our right to choose whether or not to carry health insurance. We have to have it now or we will evnetually get fined.

We have given away billions of dollars to companies that are deemed "To big to fail"

We have given away billions of dollars to banks that did stupid things and continue to do stupid things even after they got the money and they promised to stop doing stupid things.

We as tax payers paid tons of money to help others go out and buy cars that they couldn't afford and are now getting them repo'd in large numbers

WE as tax payers are going to grant the government the permission to give illegals amnesty under the new law that will come out after we go after climate change

We have given billions of dollars in foreign aid to other countries while taking from this country

We have promised that Guantanamo will close - where will we house these people accused of terrorism and their citizenship is gone- where will they go if there is no guantanamo

We have given criminal rights to the underwear bomber when he proved that he was a member of a terrorist organization and immediately asked for a lawyer, ending the ability of the US to find out more info.

We are going to grant constitutional rights to those in Guantanamo and allow them to go free on technicalities.

One of these days we are going to wake up and say "Holy shit batman, what the hell happened?"

Mark my words, this will happen. For that I fear for my children and their children for they will be paying for this mess we are getting ourselves into long after I am gone.

Am I better off lifewise under Obama or Bush, definately Bush. I was making more money under him and many things that happened to me happened after the new guy. So I blame Obama for it all. But seriously. I am basically about the same as I was. But many people I know are not. At least I'm one of the 90 of 100 who have a job, not the 10 who don't. They are worse off than I.

No, you lose all right as an American and are charged with criminal acts as a terrorist. You aren't simply deported. You are thrown in a prison like Guantanamo Bay. This I have no problem with. BUT if you are accused of terrorism, you can be held with just cause of being a "terrorist" and basically done with what they want. No trial or anything, just tossed in a prison off US soil.

For example, I am surfing the web, and I click on a link that takes me to a webpage on how to build a bomb. Or I am doing research for a school report and I come across material that might be considered "terrorist stuff". Just so happens DHS is monitoring activity on such webpages and then the FBI crashes down my door and I am stuffed in a cell at an undisclosed location. Brought up on charges of being a terrorist and that's that.

At least that's what I got out of the article.

I find that Example ironic. I was helping my EX husband who was in the army with some online courses. Transition from E-5 to E6 (you army vets know the classes I am talking about). I can not remember the name. It was something about how much dynamite would it take to blow up a tree that had a circumference of 22 inches. I was scared to death to google things like that. Then he got this cheat sheet with the answers on it and did the crap his damn self.

I find that Example ironic. I was helping my EX husband who was in the army with some online courses. Transition from E-5 to E6 (you army vets know the classes I am talking about). I can not remember the name. It was something about how much dynamite would it take to blow up a tree that had a circumference of 22 inches. I was scared to death to google things like that. Then he got this cheat sheet with the answers on it and did the crap his damn self.

Yes, you can find out how to make just about anything on the internet. Step by step guides on how to build a remote controlled c4 bomb, how to hack into someones computer, etc etc.

The point is, if you are looking at this kind of stuff and later get caught doing something with it, then you are in trouble. Reading how to do things isn't illegal, not yet at least. I like learning stuff like that because I find it fascinating how chemical reactions work and junk like that. But would I make an explosive to test it out? Hell no, I value my life and freedom.

Just kill them. Problem solved.

I just searched for "How to make a homemade nuclear bomb" and I still haven't been arrested.

I just searched for "How to make a homemade nuclear bomb" and I still haven't been arrested.

Making the bomb is the easy part.. finding the plutonium might serve to be a little more difficult :)

ever want to prank your boss with an exploding pen? ask ;)