Free Spanish Course for First Responders

I also took 4yrs of French in High School. Mostly because the girls in the class were hot. Like most everyone else, it was the "wrong" choice in the long run. The German students went to Germany by their SR year, same with the Spanish class. The French class, we had a pizza party.. FRENCH BREAD PIZZA!

I've got you all beat - Ojibwa. Yup, that's right, I grew up near reservation land and it was required in elementary school. Not the most useful real-world language and I don't remember much.

Great idea! My vote is in! Doesn't look likely to win unless we can give it a boost. It is at #183 and the way it looks only the 32 get $

Edited by speedygodzilla

Great idea! My vote is in! Doesn't look likely to win unless we can give it a boost. It is at #183 and the way it looks only the 32 get $

It was 240 something yesterday when this was first posted. jumped 60 places in a day because of this forum, Lets spread this to our departments and bump it another 100 places!

Glad to see that some appreciate someone giving something back to emergency providers. Hopefully if they win they can make the site more user friendly. I like the idea some mentioned of posting on other sites. Maybe others will take off with that and lets get some money to help these people help us communicate with our patients.

Tremendous ideal mate. It saddens me to see so many "so called educated" people that are so afraid to learn a new language that they choose to ridicule rather than attempt. In my travels many poor third world people speak multiple languages yet in the US most do not even speak one language properly. I guess the riches here just take away the motivation to advance our minds. I hope all take advantage of this great free opportunity to improve themselves and their patient communications.

• Like 1

Tremendous ideal mate. It saddens me to see so many "so called educated" people that are so afraid to learn a new language that they choose to ridicule rather than attempt. In my travels many poor third world people speak multiple languages yet in the US most do not even speak one language properly. I guess the riches here just take away the motivation to advance our minds. I hope all take advantage of this great free opportunity to improve themselves and their patient communications.

Very true. I really hope this organization will get enough support to win the money. While I speak some Spanish any free help is greatly appreciated.

Spenac has given me some more places to learn spanish if you want to. I am trying to learn it and he does have some great help sites. thumbsup.gif