Free Spanish Course for First Responders

I just learned that you can vote every day until the contest is closed. It does not limit you to one vote!

I saw this and thought hey it's free. Not the highest quality but good still. They are entered in a contest Pepsi has so they can earn money to improve the quality so vote for them. Please don't turn this into a political debate of why should I learn Spanish when they should learn English. Regardless of opinions Spanish is a large part of the USA populations first language so maybe we can learn a little so we can better help our patients. I have learned some Spanish and also sign language because of the large deaf community in my area. Even if not fluent you can calm a patient by at least speaking a little of their language.

http://www.refresheverything.com/firstresponders

When I mentioned quality the education is quality education. The site and ease of use are what they need to be able to improve. They have already been making improvements so hopefully we can help get them funds to make it more user friendly and remain free.

Get voting people. Yesterday we had them up to 120 now they are 122.

Well have you seen who they are up against? There is no way that this idea is going to come anywhere near providing the benefit that some of the higher ranked ones provide. For example: abduction prevention for children (DVD's and books for free to kids in schools) Just go take a look at what they are up against.

They are a worthy cause but not the worthiest.

Exactly. To provide care you must be able to communicate. I do not agree with what many of my patients are involved with yet I still treat them to the best of my ability. I commend you for the attitude of a true health care professional.

Wow I just noticed someone gave me a negative for providing a resource. That is just low by who ever did that.

Actually, I think you are talking about the negative I gave you. I gave it to you for being a hypocrite. In your first post you asked for there to be no political discussion about learning Spanish. Then your very next sentence is you giving your opinion about why we should learn Spanish. Hypocrite fail.

Than I found I did not like the title, At least someone is giving back a little something. Like they owe it to us, as if us professionals volunteer our time, giving it away, and now someone, decides to finally give back to us. Sounds like a wacker mentality to me.

I just thought the least I could do was explain to Spenac why I gave him a negative.

Matt

*edit to add the second paragraph*

Edited by Mateo_1387

Actually, I think you are talking about the negative I gave you. I gave it to you for being a hypocrite. In your first post you asked for there to be no political discussion about learning Spanish. Then your very next sentence is you giving your opinion about why we should learn Spanish. Hypocrite fail.

Than I found I did not like the title, At least someone is giving back a little something. Like they owe it to us, as if us professionals volunteer our time, giving it away, and now someone, decides to finally give back to us. Sounds like a wacker mentality to me.

I just thought the least I could do was explain to Spenac why I gave him a negative.

Matt

*edit to add the second paragraph*

My explanation was the medical benefit not a political statement. Paid or not is is nice to see someone show appreciation. Much like I show appreciation to the clerk and give them a tip, even though they are paid to help me. So I still call BS on your negative but I thank you for actually manning up as most do not admit and explain why they leave a negative.

This is still a great ideal to help a large number of patients that we will probably run on. Yes as Ruff mentioned there are other worthy causes listed so vote for them as well. You have 10 votes a day and can only vote 1 time for any one cause per day.

Well sadly all the way down to 124. As it looks like there is no way to get them a win I still say enjoy a quality free education. To the creators of the course I say thank you very much.