sociology experiment

tskstorm

Though I'm thankful that you bothered to post a cool new thread on an intelligent topic, I just don't find enough information to make it interesting enough to play.

+5 for bothering to bring mental gymnastics into the forum.

In my bunker sex (biological and affinity for), personality, past history is going to be much more important than title. Also, the scenario demands that each person is single role. I don't think I've ever know a single role person, this isn't a Facebook game, right?

As Yeti mentioned, sex will be vital so the hooker and blind chick have an intrinsic value but it kind of ticks me off that every person that appears educated and/or decorated is assumed to be male.

Also, if the soldier and/or cop came into the bunker armed, these decisions will be made by force anyway. So all is moot.

Dwayne

Edit in above post made to reformat for the 3rd time. Not referenced there as I was afraid to reedit that post to place this.

Dwayne

Edited by DwayneEMTP

As Yeti mentioned, sex will be vital so the hooker and blind chick have an intrinsic value but it kind of ticks me off that every person that appears educated and/or decorated is assumed to be male.

Actually, the only gender I think a lot of people are assuming is that the prostitute is female. Because of that, the only two that I can feel comfortable as ascribing as being able to bear children is the prostitute and, obviously, the blind pregnant girl. It's not that I assume that the rest are males, it's just that I don't know.

Actually, the only gender I think a lot of people are assuming is that the prostitute is female. Because of that, the only two that I can feel comfortable as ascribing as being able to bear children is the prostitute and, obviously, the blind pregnant girl. It's not that I assume that the rest are males, it's just that I don't know.

Wasn't referencing you, as I know it wouldn't be your way to make such an assumption, I was referencing,

Unfortunately, I will only give you the information given to me, and as my professor did to us I will do to you, assume someone who's title is not specified is female I will say its a male, assume its a male, I will say its a female.

Dwayne

Welcome to the city, interesting thoughts...

Some food for thought because I'm a jerk, are there not priests who become priests after already having and maintaining another job? Just because he is a priest doesn't mean he doesn't have skills that can help you? Without a priest who will boost morale?

You are going to kill a child? Not only that but a child with a child ? you keep the prostitute who you would assume is under 30 and can repopulate the earth? what if the prostitute is a male? what if the prostitute has norplant and cant get pregnant for 5 years? Why do we assume being a prostitute is a bad thing ? Do we know why thats their chosen line of work ? Is the prostitute from the US? or another place where prostitution is legal(vegas included)?

You think by getting rid of the lawyer, the Police officer and other survivors wont try and reestablish the law they were familiar with?

-first the priest: you only gave me the information you did, because that was all that you were given. So, like you or someone else stated in another post, the other information was taken form sterotyping. so be that said, and this applies to the stereotpying of the other members as well.

the priest I stereotyped based on my stereotypical priest. a priest is only a priest. the group is too small in my opinion to warrent spiritial guidence.

-the protistute is again stereotyped as I stated previously. female under 30. i did not make the assumption that being a prostitute as being a bad thing. actually, I see the profession as an occupation as well as service.

-the lawyer is based on personal bias, my major dislike of lawyers. I stereotyped this lawyer as a trial lawyer. those i like even less. why this is so, is Not a discussion for debate. and no, i dont have a "Record". i just have a general dislike for lawyers.

-now for the pregnant child, as you put it. first and formost, I am not going to debate when a fetus is a living human being. my definition is very specific; and I will not state those specifications here. Lets just say: I am Pro Choice. And I stand firm on the liability of the pregnant child to the survival of the group. what those 7 people will encounter, are horrors and devistation beyound the average person comprehention. they will need all of the members to be as functional and productive as possible.

-regarding the police officer; he/she could be just as bad or worse than the lawyer. so who knows.

and as far as the other things that you stated previously in this post: those are probably your stereotypes, assumptions, and "what-if?" information.

this sociology exam can be "what-if'ed to death.

I based my response to your initial question/situation, based on my knowledge, beliefs, stereotypes, perosonal bias, and my military training

All in all I enjoy these types of questions. it lets me see me from a different perspective.

The Seven I keep are/and reasons why:

16 year old blind pregnant girl Keep provide care and use for rebuilding population

Farmer - keep to work on planting crops or ideas on getting food when we get out / live off the land

Police officer Good to train others in defense and provide security

History professor Knows history and how civilizations rebuild / Can log all happenings for future history

70yr old Doctor - Keep the doctor to train the medical student and provide care

Army Captain Keep for self defense and security / good knowledge of tactics

Medical Student - Keep for future medical needs after training rcvd from the doctor

OUTCASTS

Prostitute OUTCAST for bait to see if others outside will attack her but dont trust her with our location plus she is probably tainted with disease so not very good to eat

Lawyer - OUTCAST He can pimp the prostitute, try to survive out there with his lawyer tongue after begging the priest for repentance for lying in court all these years

Priest OUTCAST with the prostitute maybe he can get lucky before the radiation kills him

Edited by Medic One

Quickie commentaries:

The old doctor, male or female, is past, under normal circumstances, child bearing years. We never established if the prostitute was female, or a male (yes, there are male prostitutes, see movie "Midnight Cowboy"). As for the Med student, the farmer, the lawyer, the history professor, the cop and the army captain, again, no sex established.

I wonder if this is related to that other string here, after an apparent large explosion, when everything operating with electricity is off line, including the FD Tanker Truck's engine, from an apparent nuclear attack with EMP?

I wonder if this is related to that other string here, after an apparent large explosion, when everything operating with electricity is off line, including the FD Tanker Truck's engine, from an apparent nuclear attack with EMP?

It's not everything electric, it's everything electronic. However most things nowadays comes with a microchip, including vehicles. So, old fashion engines that aren't controlled by computers would still run fine.

Priest is gone bye bye

Prostitute is gone chances are it will have something I dont want even if it may be second hand

Lawyer bye bye should have been outside when the bomb hit in the first place

Lawyer bye bye should have been outside when the bomb hit in the first place

OK, seems that you are of the school that asks:

What are 2,000 lawyers chained to the bottom of the Atlantic Ocean, and 7,200 lawyers chained to the bottom of the Pacific Ocean?

A good start.