So i had my first class!

Mario1105

its a school that this guy built from scratch it has a 20% higher first time passage rate then any school in the country hes a LT of the FD in charge of teaching something like 450 guys and then us a year for the FD

I hate to break the news to you but a high pass rate doesn't mean it's a good school or program. It means they can successfully teach the minimum required to pass the test. Given that the tests are incredibly easy, it's not a hard thing to do. Graduating competent providers is a better testament to a school. I'd also consider accreditation, entry requirements, class size, and education requirements when choosing a program. Anyone can establish a fly-by-night EMT school. You have to be really careful that you become a success instead of a victim.

I hope that your spelling and writing skills improve. It's very sad to see how poorly the youth of today communicate, not only with the written word but verbally as well. I correct my son's grammar a dozen times a day and I'm left to wonder what he's really learning in school. Being able to communicate is important when you're trying to get your position across to other people. You might want to take it seriously instead of feeling that it's acceptable because you have an instructor that is also poor at spelling. It's not a badge of honor, it's actually rather sad when you consider that spell check has eliminated most of the work.

Try firefox browser and it's built in spell check. It won't help you with grammar and punctuation, but it's a start.

Good luck.

• Like 2

And, as I stated before, use these forums to practice your writing skills. Take some of the criticism from some of the older members (spenac being the oldest) as a little push for you to strive for excellence. I have seen your posts on two different forums and I like your enthusiasm. I think you will do very well in EMS.

And, as I stated before, use these forums to practice your writing skills. Take some of the criticism from some of the older members (spenac being the oldest) as a little push for you to strive for excellence. I have seen your posts on two different forums and I like your enthusiasm. I think you will do very well in EMS.

Well thank You i really hope so

Make sure you never make mention of the physicians handwriting. I mean, part of a legal drug is clear, concise, accurate and legible hand writing... I'm yet to see this lol! Good luck.

its a school that this guy built from scratch it has a 20% higher first time passage rate then any school in the country hes a LT of the FD in charge of teaching something like 450 guys and then us a year for the FD

Are you going for a cert., or associate of science in Paramedic studies?

Are you going for a cert., or associate of science in Paramedic studies?

i dunno to be honest the school i go to has a paramedic program as well so i could go there or i could take the 2yrs and spend 24k on schooling at the major college here

which i don't have.

are your talking about right now or for paramedic right now after doing this course i get nothing but the knowledge that shows im good enough to do my job and proficient enough to save life's which in the end is the only real thing that matters anyways. after im done with this program then i can go take the NREMT test WHEN i pass it i will then become an EMT-B.

i dunno to be honest the school i go to has a paramedic program as well so i could go there or i could take the 2yrs and spend 24k on schooling at the major college here

which i don't have.

are your talking about right now or for paramedic right now after doing this course i get nothing but the knowledge that shows im good enough to do my job and proficient enough to save life's which in the end is the only real thing that matters anyways. after im done with this program then i can go take the NREMT test WHEN i pass it i will then become an EMT-B.

and after that if i wish i can go and take my EMT-C and EMT-P course

Edited by Mario1105
  • Like 1

which i don't have.

and after that if i wish i can go and take my EMT-C and EMT-P course

Your spelling, grammar, and attitude regarding each is why so many here have a severe dislike for fire based EMS.

Congratulations on shooting for the very lowest level of achievements possible. Yeah you! Be glad that you've found yourself a fire based program that will baby you through, as you would be removed from any reputable educational institution in short order.

If you look back through the history of the City you'll see that every now and then we have a rush of idiots that come trumpeting the idea that, "i ain't able to spell or talk good but that don't meen I cant be a really grate Heero!!"

They all fall by the wayside, as will you if you should choose to continue to be proud your ignorance.

I hope better for you....

Dwayne

• Like 3

o and the teacher is shitty speller like me

You can't say "shitty" here, shithead. ;)

I hate to break the news to you but a high pass rate doesn't mean it's a good school or program. It means they can successfully teach the minimum required to pass the test. Given that the tests are incredibly easy, it's not a hard thing to do. Graduating competent providers is a better testament to a school. I'd also consider accreditation, entry requirements, class size, and education requirements when choosing a program. Anyone can establish a fly-by-night EMT school. You have to be really careful that you become a success instead of a victim.

^ Golden advice.

...after doing this course i get nothing but the knowledge that shows im good enough to do my job and proficient enough to save life's which in the end is the only real thing that matters anyways.

Complete and utter bollocks. Most professionals here would not even hire anyone who professed that attitude. I certainly would not. Until you understand the gross error in that statement, you are not yet ready to leave the temple.

The good news is, you have come to the right place to learn the facts and start on a path to something more than mediocrity. I hope that works out for you!

• Like 2