Facebook comments cost another officer his job

letmesleep

I have seen some FB's and Myspace pages where some EMT/Medics (just flipping through, do not know them personally) have pics from scenes. I do not recall if plates were blurred out. And there were no pictures of PT's, just wreckage, or blood stains. Is that crossing lines?

I have seen some FB's and Myspace pages where some EMT/Medics (just flipping through, do not know them personally) have pics from scenes. I do not recall if plates were blurred out. And there were no pictures of PT's, just wreckage, or blood stains. Is that crossing lines?

If you can't see the patients face, address or license plate.. not much wrong with that. If you post pictures of an accident scene, it's best to have permission from people in the pictures before you post. Otherwise, block/blur out their faces. Also a good idea to block/blur out any identification of affiliation for the ambulance/police/fire crews.

There was an individual who posted pictures of an accident scene onto another message board that showed the patient/patients. They were working on an ambulance, walking around talking pictures with their cell phone. It also had description of the call in detail (no names though). This was all done before a police report was even filed. This person got in trouble and was fired.

Personally, I think what they did was wrong. There is no need for this, at all! If you want to take pictures, fine. Keep them for yourself though. Don't go posting whatever you please for everyone to see without permission.

lawyer, says Concepcion may also be a victim of racial discrimination, since he is Latino

That has to be it! "Oh look, he posted something questionable on FB, finally, we can fire him to keep this workplace Latino free!" No other way to win the case, lets try to make it about race! Alright, hip-hip-hooray for the race card. :shutup:

That has to be it! "Oh look, he posted something questionable on FB, finally, we can fire him to keep this workplace Latino free!" No other way to win the case, lets try to make it about race! Alright, hip-hip-hooray for the race card. :shutup:

Hooters didn't hire me because my boobs aren't big enough :(

Taking pictures of an accident scene is wrong on so many levels. "Hey Roy, can you turn the patient's head a little more to the left while you are holding C-Spine there, I cant get his other eyeball in the shot" ! If you feel the need to keep trophies, you need to get out of the business.

• Like 1

Taking pictures of an accident scene is wrong on so many levels. "Hey Roy, can you turn the patient's head a little more to the left while you are holding C-Spine there, I cant get his other eyeball in the shot" ! If you feel the need to keep trophies, you need to get out of the business.

Have you spying on me? I only did that once and it wasnt Roy holding the head it was Chet! LMAO

I think the bottom line is if you don't need it (ie to justify why a patient was sent to a trauma center rather than closest hospital, or air vs ground etc), why take it? You can get plenty of cool training photos that have the same effect. Just be smart about it. Don't want to lose your job just because you thought that pt's injury looked "cool". Think people - think.

I recently attended an EMS conference, and one of the discussion groups was on how to deal with employees, and their electronic 'baggage.' One system who was presenting stated that they make their employees sign waivers regarding their use of the internet. Personally, when they said that I went into defense mode, as that seems to be creeping into my personal rights; however, I do admit what I see people putting on their facebook is a bit crazy.

Not sure what the right answer is here. Personally, I do have a facebook page - and I use it to sign in here - but I often do wonder at what expense that comes at? In a way I wonder if I need a publicist to ensure that my page reflects me!

I recently attended an EMS conference, and one of the discussion groups was on how to deal with employees, and their electronic 'baggage.' One system who was presenting stated that they make their employees sign waivers regarding their use of the internet. Personally, when they said that I went into defense mode, as that seems to be creeping into my personal rights; however, I do admit what I see people putting on their facebook is a bit crazy.

Not sure what the right answer is here. Personally, I do have a facebook page - and I use it to sign in here - but I often do wonder at what expense that comes at? In a way I wonder if I need a publicist to ensure that my page reflects me!

I have mixed feelings about my employer telling me I couldnt have a social page on the net. But I do agree that some things people put on their accounts is a bit much and more at times. I have deactivated my facebook account I wasnt on it enough to justify having it. I never really got into the facebook thing that much anyway. But it all comes down to one simple thing the things you post today can bite you in the ass tomorrow.

I think the bottom line is if you don't need it (ie to justify why a patient was sent to a trauma center rather than closest hospital, or air vs ground etc), why take it? You can get plenty of cool training photos that have the same effect. Just be smart about it. Don't want to lose your job just because you thought that pt's injury looked "cool". Think people - think.

The only pictures I have of crashes is from the Every 15 Minutes programs I used to participate in. I have a few cool action shots from that of me "intubating" a trauma code, and on scene doing triage. My mom loves these photos as they're all she has of me working, and we had photo releases from everyone in the photos/video so it was a great opportunity to get some cool shots of me working.