Pest Infestation

FireMedic65

So, as many of you might know, I live out in the country. Recently, my house and the area around me have been infested with SWARMS of ladybugs. They are every where. My house is covered in them, and being it is an old house, they find their way inside and are all over my walls and ceiling. I have been busy as heck vacuuming them up and hosing them off the side of the house.

Anyone, please with suggestions on how to get rid of them!

I love lady bugs they are good luck when I get them here I just let them be unless they come in the house then I catch them and set them free.

What you are seeing are not your typical ladybugs, they are red and black, these large swarms or groups of them are orangeish with black spots and they are the chinese variety, and a pest. They do bite. Just keep doing what your doing, its about the only way to keep them at bay. On Monday it was real warm here in Iowa, and the sun shining on the back porch brought them out in droves. The whole side of the house and door were solid with them. I left them there as the outdoor cats were having a field day trying to catch them.

I love lady bugs they are good luck when I get them here I just let them be unless they come in the house then I catch them and set them free.

Terri, there are literally 1000s of them.

What you are seeing are not your typical ladybugs, they are red and black, these large swarms or groups of them are orangeish with black spots and they are the chinese variety, and a pest. They do bite. Just keep doing what your doing, its about the only way to keep them at bay. On Monday it was real warm here in Iowa, and the sun shining on the back porch brought them out in droves. The whole side of the house and door were solid with them. I left them there as the outdoor cats were having a field day trying to catch them.

You are right, they vary in color and size. They do bite and they STINK!

You sure thats the Lady Bugs?

They look just like ladybugs at least. The color varies from brown to a red, with black spots. I tried taking a picture, but my camera won't focus that well in such a close up.

wtf, a negative? seriously?

Edited by FireMedic65
  • Like 1

They look just like ladybugs at least. The color varies from brown to a red, with black spots. I tried taking a picture, but my camera won't focus that well in such a close up.

Vacuuming works

spraying doesn't as there will just be another 1000 to take their places

After the first freeze they will be gone.

I vacuumed up an entire cannister full of them at my farm just in the last two days.

they are back in droves again in the house.

Well, at least I am not the only one with this problem. I love living out in the country, but this crap makes me want to move into the city.

Nah, I live in the city and they are bad here too.

You can't get away from them.