Pest Infestation

FireMedic65

If y9ou don't want to use pesticides, you may find that the glass cleaner Windex works on some hard shell bugs. Every falk, we get an infestation of box elder beetles (also called maple bugs), and spraying Windex around my doors and windows does help keep them out, and kills those that it hits. It is also a little better for your pets too..

I tried windex and a bug killer into the cracks in windows.. it seemed to work for the time being. They only seem to come out of thw woodwork (literally) in my bed room.. maybe I am "lucky" since they always land on me.

I LOVE Billy the Exterminator! Maybe FireMedic should give him a call, and then he could be on one of the episodes!

E-mailing A&E channel now!

Edited by FireMedic65

They call them Japanese lady bugs or Asian Lady Beetles. They are a different variety than plain old lady bugs. As was mentioned, they do bite.

A couple years ago we had a bug problem here- they were everywhere, and after a few weeks they were gone.

Thankfully I haven't seen them in a couple years.

They call them Japanese lady bugs or Asian Lady Beetles. They are a different variety than plain old lady bugs. As was mentioned, they do bite.

A couple years ago we had a bug problem here- they were everywhere, and after a few weeks they were gone.

Thankfully I haven't seen them in a couple years.

they smell really bad too! :(