a neat tattoo

tiedyedbeth

I don't know about the rest of you, but even before I put my patient on the monitor and see the pacing spikes (pace detect mode on), that lump under the clavicle is a dead giveaway.....

Simply that I thought it was neat to see, and thought I'd share it here because I thought maybe people here could appreciate it. I'm a straight up kind of person, and if I'd wanted to say "Hey, I've seen a couple medic-alert type things tattooed on people, is it a new trend to start looking for in our assessments or just something a few people are doing, what do ya'll think?" then I'd have started that kind of thread.

And that is the life of a post on a forum. Each person takes from it different things and gives from their opinions. As the OP often the way you expect a topic to go is no where near where it ends up.

I'm not very experienced in EMS so I don't have much to chat about here right yet (my medic clinicals start next semester, so maybe I'll have more questions and thoughts then).

So? everyone can contribute & has the opportunity to here

I'm a volunteer in a very rural area, and when I'm on it always seems to be quiet. I'm learning what I can from these forums, and I enjoy it here. However, I wasn't trying to start any sort of discussion on if it'd be something to add to our patient assessment right along with DCAPBTLS.

Firstly I would suggest you research volunteers & you will see my thoughts there, search is your friend. I also work rural EMS, but am paid & know what it is like to be quiet.

And THAT, Aussie, is the point. Simply that I thought it was neat to see, and thought I'd share it here because I thought maybe people here could appreciate it. I'm a straight up kind of person, and if I'd wanted to say "Hey, I've seen a couple medic-alert type things tattooed on people, is it a new trend to start looking for in our assessments or just something a few people are doing, what do ya'll think?" then I'd have started that kind of thread.

No, you have missed the point, Fire has his medical history on his chest, he is unconscious & alone. Do I take his tattoo as gospel for his medical history? How about a NFR tattoo?? is that a valid tattoo, what happens when a person changes meds, do they get a line through it & another added to the bottom?how about when someone has a temporary change of meds?????????? Oh sorry, you didnt think of those did you.

So, I'll be the grown up here Aussie and I won't take offense at your "grow up" comment. You don't know me well enough to know that I simply say what's on my mind as it is. It was neat, I didn't know there was apparently a symbol for a pacemaker. It interested me, and I thought it might be interesting to others here.

I dont really care if you take offence or not, that is your choice. How 'neat' a tattoo is does not have any bearing on the fact that we have a system in place. It is well know & we now have a new generation of alert braclet begining to appear here in aussie, like the bands on kids arms that are popular. At least ithat is not indelible & can be changed as the patients condition requires.

Actually I think that Tied was just sharing a cool pic of a tattoo that he thought we as EMS professionals would like. But it seems as if its taken a life of its own so gentlemen to your neutral corners and I will be there shortly with the tape measure. :devilish::devilish: