Play w/ Breasts, Lose Paramedic Cert., Remain Fire Chief, Priceless!

spenac

20 members have voted

1. 1. Is there ever a reason to touch a patients breasts? Explain in forum

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Does it sound like he was wrong? Explain in forum

• Yes
    • No

They were soaking tampons with alcohol and stuffing them in the usual place. Teen drunk + no booze breath = check the vag? Would that be appropriate then?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it. :devilish:

Well.. determining a cause for their behavior is part of the assessment. Check vitals, check BGL, check the vag... seems about right.

I am writing a letter to the protocol committee right now......... :dribble:

They were soaking tampons with alcohol and stuffing them in the usual place. Teen drunk + no booze breath

Actually, that was the theory, but booze breath comes from blood alcohol level, not oral injestion, so they still had the booze breath.

So obvioustly, every young girl with booze breath should have a vag exam :dribble:

So obvioustly, every young girl with booze breath should have a vag exam :dribble:

Damn! They couldn't have made these breakthrough medical discoveries before I retired? :rolleyes:

Sounds like nepotism to me. And what the heck waiting on the state? The state has already suspended him.

http://www.newschannel10.com/Global/story.asp?S=11180634

City Manager Speaks Out About Fire Chief Allegations

Video Gallery

City Manager Speaks Out About Fire Chief Allegations (9-22-09)

2:13

By: Sarah Snyder

NewsWest 9

EUNICE, NEW MEXICO - New developments following allegations of inappropriate relations between the Eunice fire chief and a patient inside the ambulance. It's become a topic of controversy around town and at Tuesday's City Council meeting City Manager Curtis Schrader spoke out.

He tells NewsWest 9 it was his decision to handle Ron Grogan's position as fire chief not the Mayor's.

Here's what happened: witnesses accuse Chief Ron Grogan of heavily medicating a female patient then inappropriately touching her chest. The city began an investigation then put the case in the hands of the New Mexico Department of Health. The state suspended the fire chief's paramedic license on the grounds of sexual misconduct. On Tuesday, the City Manager wanted to make it clear that this is a serious issue and the next step for the city all depends on what the state decides.

NewsWest 9 asked Schrader about the accusations that the city let Chief Grogan keep his job because he's related by marriage to Mayor Matt White. Schrader said that played no role in his decision.

"That looks to be something that the Mayor has a decision on when it's not," City Manager Curtis Schrader said. "It's my decision. That was one of the reasons that I wanted to make those statements tonight to clear that air that any decisions regarding Chief Grogan's employment or his status with the city is strictly my decision."

Right now the city is waiting to find out when the state will hold the hearing. They say that decision will determine Chief Grogan's employment status.

The city said quite a few rumors have circulated around town. NewsWest 9 spoke with several people in Eunice but they didn't want to comment on camera. Most are concerned about the quality of EMS services, but city leaders say there will be no change.

Most are concerned about the quality of EMS services, but city leaders say there will be no change.

That's for sure. Whether the chief stays or goes, they're still stuck with firemonkey EMS.

On a different string a while back, I first heard of the alcohol tampon.

^ Worst pun ever. :lol:

Good thing I'm not a breast man.

Well then, here's a story for you ... last summer while waiting for my partner to put the unit back together at hospital after a call, I saw one of the funniest damn things ever. This blonde walked in with some guy (either her pimp or "dance instructor"). She was unnaturally curvy, obviously had several items on her body altered. So she sits down to talk to the nurse, then walked over to get herself registered. I was wondering what everyone was snickering about so I asked one of our medics.

She says, "You see that blonde over there?"

Yeah, I do.

"Ok, well wait until she gets up then watch her walk away."

Okayyyyy ...

So Barbie gets up and starts walking in the direction she was told. Apparently, her left butt implant had somehow ruptured and had been leaking for a couple hours. Flubber hit the floor hard after falling off the pole? Hmm ...

Touching breasts is alright if you are doing it to attach 12lead, listen to heart/lung sound, assess injuries, bandage... you get the point.

Touching them because you are asked to just for fun? OH HELL YEA! But wait until I am off shift. There was no medical reason for him to do that, if she asked him too. Her, not being in the right state of mind possibly.

Wasn't it not too long ago, where there were cases of under age teenage girls being all drunk and stupid, but having not alcohol on their breath. They were soaking tampons with alcohol and stuffing them in the usual place. Teen drunk + no booze breath = check the vag? Would that be appropriate then?

Seems crazy if you ask me!

Even if there was a medical reason for him to do so, if she in fact came right out and said "touch my boobs" he would be better off handing over care to someone else. If he went ahead and touched them after a patient asked him to, well, he wouldn't be in the right state of mind then. And anyone who would even think of touching a patient while off duty? Completely inappropriate. A patient is a patient is a patient.

Edited by Siffaliss
  • Like 1

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.