How many sides does your sheets have ?

BE HONEST   

16 members have voted

1. 1. When do you Change stretcher sheets / pillow cases

• I change all stretcher linens after each patient contact
    • I use the flip-side of the sheet for the next pt, if first pt didnt dirty the sheet
    • I use the sheet 4 times (each side), before tossing, unless visibly soiled
    • I change the sheet regularly, but not the pillowcase
    • I only change the sheets when I lay on the bed while posting, or when it becomes visibly soiled

I know that no one in this room would ever let a patient lie on a sheet or pillowcase that was used on a previous patient, but what about your coworkers ? Be Honest Now.

I have had nothing but those blue disposable ones for years...they are good for one weighted transfer before they rip. So, every pt gets a new sheet and we never carried pillows.

Everything goes with the patient.. If the receiving hospital offers linen, we use it; if they don't, we use our disposable sheets. However, I like something with a little weight lifting ability.

Eww... reusing sheets. Never seen it once.

After every call bed gets stripped and wiped down with virox wipes. The only difference I see between medics is some (like me) make the bed ahead of time, while other just leave the sheet folded on the end and unfold it when it's time to move a patient onto the bed. I have also seen some medics give the bed a less thorough wipe down then I prefer, but I've attempted to create OCD in myself for these things to ensure I don't get complacent on decon down the line.

Or then there's Toronto which just uses disposable sheets.

One thing I was always grossed out by..

Cot Quilts, or Heavy personalized service blankets for winter calls. I used to see these sometimes, we have some hanging in our supply closet from "back in the day". Big, heavy, orange quilt like blankets. I wonder how often those got washed?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.