Off duty-helping out at MVA's

medic82942003

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another instance of Moral versus Legal Duty to Act.

My most recent was, I lucked into a 10 car chain reaction collision. I was alone, and first in, in my POV.

Thank goodness they were all minor injuries.

(sidenote- second due Engine Company to the incident was not washing an elephant at the time. See http://www.emtcity.com/index.php/topic/16247-just-another-role-for-the-faithful-hose-monkey/page__hl__elephant__fromsearch__1 if not knowing what I am referring to)

Edited by Richard B the EMT

I always stop at wrecks during working hours- my last one I got flagged down- 10-20 people yelling at me plus even a guy blowing a whistle at us. 40 y/o gentleman accidently got backed over by a cadilac twice. Yes twice-person was probably drunk. Anyway this poor soul- had no

feeling below his shoulders. Big time neuro deficits. Called on the radio to nearest trauma center- they asked eta and I told them look out your window. His LOC dropped as we pulled in. Tried to find out what happened to him but he was a john Doe, no ID. Turns out he was standind

inbetween cars in front of the local watering hole. I must say I was very carefull putting a collar on this guy and holding c-spine. Detroit cops

even helped log roll the guy. That was a First, Hope he recovered. I was wondering more about off duty stops. Be safe cheers.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.