Is picture of person with job equipment good reason to fire someone?

spenac

Fire them?  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Fire them?

• Yes
    • No
    • No harm no foul
    • What unprofessional crap

I think who ever thought of taking the pic was of course thinking with his penis and not his upstairs brain. The whole thing is wrong but worst things could be going on that a pretty girl holding a weapon and posing for some horney men.

So only one of the guys get fired (wrong) whats good for one should have been good for them all reguardless of level of imput of the idea. My mother always said remember you can be guilty by association. They made a poor desion and it should be seen as such.

One thing that is not mentioned in the reports is, are these guys great cops in the past or are they known to do this stuff. Who knows and really who cares it wont ever be reported that they are great contributors to their communities or that they have saved many people in the line of duty now they will only be known for one incident and to me that is sad.

And I think we all have made bad decision in our life and will probably make more as time goes on.

One thing that is not mentioned in the reports is, are these guys great cops in the past or are they known to do this stuff. Who knows and really who cares it wont ever be reported that they are great contributors to their communities or that they have saved many people in the line of duty now they will only be known for one incident and to me that is sad.

And I think we all have made bad decision in our life and will probably make more as time goes on.

Good point. They could have all been highly decorated officers or something. But who cares now. Doing good things does not get you a free pass when you do something stupid. Poor example here, but look at Hitler. He did a lot of good things for Germany. Does that clear his name for all the really really terrible things he did? Surely it does not.

These cops acted inappropriately to get their jollies off, and pretty much got away with it too, most likely with the "good ole boy" system. All should have been fired for it.

I don't agree with letting the waitress hold the assault rifle.

However, if it is for a good cause and artistic expression....

http://firefighterscalendar.com/html08/photos.html

I don't see the difference

Scantily clad fire fighters or scantily clad waitress?

Where do you draw the line that one is acceptable and the other isn't?

The only problem I see is that the girl was holding a department gun and I think that's out of line.

But seriously where is the difference?

oh hang on I do see the difference, scantily clad firefighters for charity = OK but scantily clad waitress for just fun reasons = NOT OK but....... scantily clad waitress not holding the gun but laying on the department car and for charity = OK I get it now. How dense can I be??????

Edited by Ruffems

But seriously where is the difference?

oh hang on I do see the difference, scantily clad firefighters for charity = OK but scantily clad waitress for just fun reasons = NOT OK but....... scantily clad waitress not holding the gun but laying on the department car and for charity = OK I get it now. How dense can I be??????

LOL. Clear as mud now.

1) Unauthorized use of departmental equipment (camera, firearm, vehicle). FAIL!

2) Security issue of civilian holding (undetermined loaded, undetrmined safeties on) department issued firearm. FAIL!

3) Mentioning in passing that 2 actual NYPD officers were allowed, by the department, to pose with NYC Mayor Mike Bloomberg for an election campaign commercial. The NYPD vehicles and the uniforms they are wearing are rented, as departmental equipment is NOT allowed to be used in such manner (electioneering).

4) The FDNY "Fire Fighters" calendar, while having "Hunk" firefighters posing without shirts, but otherwise covered in turnout or "Bunker" gear, used to be sanctioned by the department, as a charity fund raiser for the Burn Center. I don't recall what happened, but the sanctioning was removed. The calendar continues, as a fundraiser, but is no longer supported with permission of the FDNY. Fire Fighters posing in it, however, as long as they make like the cops mentioned in item 3, not using company issued equipment, it seems to be cool, with nobody in trouble with the department.

5) I won't be posing, as I'm more towards the "Blobindale" dancers than the "Chippendale" dancers in my dimensions.

Edited by Richard B the EMT

Someone holding an assault rifle in public is an emergency to me. If I saw "cops" hanging around and some chick is holding an assault rifle, yea I am calling 911. I can go to the store tomorrow and buy a cop uniform and walk around holding a gun and no one would be the wiser. You don't see things like that, it's suspicious.