Wales Texting While Driving PSA

Hello all,

I am firmly in agreement with Phil here. If we were to save just one life with this film then all the moral indignation on the planet would have been worth it. Let's not forget that today's kids are far more worldly-wise than we ever were. The outside influences such as tv and the internet make that the vast majority have already been exposed to far worse than anything we saw in this film.

WM

I have heard about the anti-street racing laws up in Ontario. I watched a video about it actually. Caught street racing, they impound your car, and smash it. Personally I don't agree with smashing the car. They are good cars and could be sold else where. But that's just me.

Umm... no smashing. Just a one week impound and one week suspension. Minimum fine $2000, maximum fine $10000 and up to six months in jail. There's only so much you can do on a reverse onus law.

Umm... no smashing. Just a one week impound and one week suspension. Minimum fine $2000, maximum fine $10000 and up to six months in jail. There's only so much you can do on a reverse onus law.

The article I saw, they were destroying the cars. Maybe it was just repeat offenders? I am not sure.

I am not agreeing with destroying a seized vehicle.

20 years ago, I recall seeing a Ford Mustang/Shelby GT 500 Cobra, an obvious road muscle car, in NYPD colors. She was an impounded car, and was now being used to catch speeders, after being repainted as an RMP (Radio Motor Patrol) car, including the sign saying that it was an impounded speeder's car now recycled as a cop car.

About the same time, under a "Zero Tolerance" drug seizure law, 2 suspected drug dealers had their Winnibago's seized. One became a mobile base for the NYPD Dive Team, the other became the "Field Com" (Field Communications/Command vehicle) for the pre-merger New York City Health and Hospitals Corporation EMS. The 3 or 4 times I drove it, she was a nice ride, that could, if needed, take over dispatching all 5 boro and Citywide frequencies, that make up NYC, and maintain communications with the NYPD and FDNY radios, as well as the Mutual Aid Radio System volunteer ambulance services.

This has gone off track.

The purpose of this advertisment is to shock young people into NOT trying to be morons in the first place.

If people are stupid enough to do it regardless, then they must face those consequences. They are not what is up for debate here. Lets get back to the video & the softly softly approach of sone authorities & the attitudes of people to this type of advertisment.

Remember this isnt just about texting, with the proliferation of Twitter & facebook on mobile devices, this is becoming a bigger problem than most appreciate.

It is nothing to do with speed, street racing etc.

Edited by aussiephil

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.