Another EMS Series Coming Up?

While watching "Harold & Kumar Escape From Guantanamo Bay" for the 763rd time last night, I found an interview online with Kal Penn (Kumar) where he talks about a pilot he's doing for an EMS show for ABC:

http://moviesonline.ca/movienews_11428.html

Q: What are you doing after Harold and Kumar?

KAL PENN: A pilot for ABC called "The Call.” We'll see after that.

Q: Can you tell us about it real quick?

KAL PENN: Yeah, sure. "The Call” is the same producers who do "24.” It's a single camera, half-hour comedy about two EMT's in Los Angeles.

Q: Who's the other EMT?

KAL PENN: I don't know yet. I'm not sure.

This was in 2007, the same year he started on "House".

IMDB puts a 2010 date on the one episode of "The Call", which has already been shot.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0903226/

PLOT: A team of gifted yet unconventional LA paramedics saves people's lives while screwing up each other's.

I get the feeling this will never happen though. According to Entertainment Weekly in April, he's leaving "House" to take a job with the Osama administration:

I understand it was your decision to leave House. True?

KAL PENN: Yes. I was incredibly honored a couple of months ago to get the opportunity to go work in the White House. I got to know the President and some of the staff during the campaign and had expressed interest in working there, so I'm going to be the associate director in the White House office of public liaison. They do outreach with the American public and with different organizations. They're basically the front door of the White House. They take out all of the red tape that falls between the general public and the White House. It's similar to what I was doing on the campaign.

Anyone else heard about any of this?

I heard both of the call (looks just about the same as every other series of its type) and of him joining the White House... I don't know much more than that but I will ask around and dig up some research on the White House part :D

Think he already left House show to work for Obama. Maybe he's done what he's needed to do there and is looking for more acting work.

If it's a comedy, I think I can handle another EMS show without taking it too personally, just as I wouldn't take Scrubs personally if I was a doctor (I think).

I agree with you. At this point, I just don't have any faith that anyone could do a decent EMS based drama without making it suck like ER and Turd Watch. I could go with a comedy series. Kind of a Mother, Juggs & Speed meets MASH sort of thing, where the medicine is just a backdrop, and not a primary focus. It'd need to be an HBO thing though. Broadcast standards on ABC would make it too lame.

Oooh, definitely let us know what you hear inside the Beltway, Kate!

Edited by Dustdevil

Maybe I should be an actor too. You know, so I can get into politics.

I don't think "Twinkies™ in every cupboard" is a 'significant political platform'....... :lol::lol::lol::P

I get the feeling this will never happen though. According to Entertainment Weekly in April, he's leaving "House" to take a job with the Osama administration:

Is that a misprint typo, or a not too well hid political comment?

Just askin'?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.