Are all radio DJ's fat?

Just Plain Ruff

Ok, I've been wondering this. Every day I hear a different radio station host or DJ that is on one of those diets that you pay out the nose for.

Are all DJ's Fat?

Just something I've been wondering.

If I weighed 150lbs, and a sponsor paid me or my corporation $$$ to say I used a product, then I would rant and rave about said product as well.

I would even try it of course to remain true to myself.

I am loyal to the highest bidder. :)

that's right. money talks. advertising is all about who puts out the most money. look at those retards doing those quicker pecker picker upper pills. you really think all these people would go on tv to tell the world of their short comings? I would if I had a big fat check to cash in my pocket.

Nope my bestfriend DJ GothyMurder is skinny. I mean like, "Girl go get a whopper" skinny. She does online radio and no I don't have the link off hand.

In the mid 80's, long before I began my career in EMS, I worked in radio as a DJ. Like an EMS service that posts trucks throughout their service area in parking lots (like mine), leaving us sitting in trucks for hours doing nothing in between calls but snacking & napping, DJ's do pretty much the same thing. I did a 1900-0000 show five nights a week, plus one weekend shift. With nothing to do but play music, speak into the mic every 8 minutes or so, drink Cokes & order pizza, I gained 20 lbs in 4 months. I was only 20 years old & never weighed more than 120 lbs before then. If you're more successful in radio (which I wasn't), or work in a larger market (which I didn't), say, on the wacky morning show, you get free food sent to the studio from restaurants wanting an on-air mentions, junk food at personal apperances & concerts, etc. Those scenes in "Private Parts" of Howard Stern wolfing down buckets of fried chicken were pretty true to life.

So, while "air personalities" (that's what they call themselves now) aren't the most physical people in the world, those who take the time to eat right and exercise (like Stern) look great well into middle age. Those who don't look like Bubba the Love Sponge.

The real reason you hear about so many radio people on diets these days is because they're getting free gym memberships & personal training in exchange for commercial air time. Wish I'd had that in the mid 80's.

Rick Rumble from FM99 here in Va Beach is so skinny he makes me look fat, which is hard to do. I'm not sure about his co-DJ, Tommy.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.