DUMBEST THING EVER HEARD ON THE RADIO/SCANNER

THE_DITCH_DOCTOR

Was listening to a call on our service earlier tonight. The EMT-I was speaking very quickly while giving a report over the radio. "Hospital, XXXXXX1, we are in route to your facility with a 86 y/o fe who's chief complaint is rectal breathing. ETA is 2 min."

:oops: He ment to say rectal bleeding... :lol:

Maybe she had really bad breath?

• 4 weeks later...
Dispatch

EMS-1 respond to 412 N. Ridenour St. for a female unconscious but breathing! The way it comes across to all of scannerland is that the pt. is unconscious buttbreathing. I ask you, WHAT IS BUTT BREATHING? :?:

I hate it when the "butt=breathing" pt has bad breath!

As for the radio message asking for what color sneakers the streaker was wearing, I recall from an older version of the board, a report that a dispatcher asked the LEOs to check out a report of someone in the nude, walking down the highway median while carrying a can of tuna.

I guess we have to determine which nudist we are after while they are walking down a public roadway. Wouldn't want to grab the wrong "streaker", ya know!

Long ago in a municipality far far away...a new police/fire/EMS dispatcher was given a call to send out for a male masturbating in a vehicle behind a gas station. This noob was sooo new, he took the advice of an old smartarsed Sgt who told him the word 'masturbate' wasn't proper to use on the radio and that he should instead dispatch cars to the "man in a beige sedan behind the Sunoco at XY intersection who is waxing his dolphin." The dispatcher voiced it exactly that way before the Sgt could tell him he was kidding. The entire county (all on the same freq at the time) was busting out laughing.

Unfortunately, the Chief who was monitoring radio traffic from his house wasn't so amused :P

Transient rider of the rails fell off the train, and the wheels rolled over him.

First-arriving BLS engine company LT got a little flustered, thus the update:

"Double decapitation below the knees"

The guy's been retired about 10 years now, but the story lives on... :)

• 2 weeks later...

one of our favorites here is, 313 responded code 3 (emergency) to said address on a 55 year old female unresponsive, butt breathing. We love to reply "Show us enroute to the butt breather". LOL got to have some fun.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.