DUMBEST THING EVER HEARD ON THE RADIO/SCANNER

THE_DITCH_DOCTOR

Anyone ever get dispatched non-emergent for a general weakness on one side of the body only? :shock:

My partner and I have been dispatched to a possible CVA at a nursing home almost 25 minutes away. I called dispatch on the phone to verify I heard them correctly and get more info... my medic partner just sat there with his jaw dropped. Not only was the info correct but the nursing home called the non-emergency number and requested a non-emergency response, that they already tried getting their local EMS to respond, and we were probably the farthest away AVAILABLE ALS unit from our own company. So we get there (its like 0100hrs) and the only on duty nurses are at the nurses station. First thing I do is ask where the pt is and the problem... they said she may have had a stroke and shes at the end of the hall room on the left. My partner asked if anyone is taking care of her... nurses said no we are working on some paperwork. I thought he was going to throw the monitor at them. We get to the patients side... shes completley out of it, I dont think lathargic is accurate enough a description. Negative signs of a CVA (forgot what was actually wrong) but she was more than worthy of an emergent response and NOT being ignored by "health care providers."

Note: that areas local EMS will not respond to any pyschs, etoh's or (after bed time) calls at nursing homes.

"Good Sam Regional, 5 Ida XX. 'Coming in with a pt. posturing decorsetic."

"5 Ida XX, Good Sam Regional. 'Do you mean the patient doesn't have a corset on? Or do you mean the pt. is posturing decorticate?"

We had some tornados come through this spring. Several stations were dispatched and put on stand by for damage control and clean up. (several houses had been severely damaged) About 2 or 3 hours after crews being dispatched out we hear over Fire Control:

Station 19: "Station 19 to 1903"

1903: "Station 19 go ahead"

Station 19: "1903 what's your ETA on return to the station?"

1903: "Undetermined at this time"

Station 19: "when you are en route, would you mind picking me up some cigarettes?"

Now this continues back and forth for about 2 min.

Fire Control: "Fire Control to Station 19"

Station 19: "Go ahead"

Fire Control: "Be advised, this is what cell phones are made for"

Silence.

We had some tornados come through this spring. Several stations were dispatched and put on stand by for damage control and clean up. (several houses had been severely damaged) About 2 or 3 hours after crews being dispatched out we hear over Fire Control:

Station 19: "Station 19 to 1903"

1903: "Station 19 go ahead"

Station 19: "1903 what's your ETA on return to the station?"

1903: "Undetermined at this time"

Station 19: "when you are en route, would you mind picking me up some cigarettes?"

Now this continues back and forth for about 2 min.

Fire Control: "Fire Control to Station 19"

Station 19: "Go ahead"

Fire Control: "Be advised, this is what cell phones are made for"

Silence.

Lol thats funny :D

"Hello. Can you hear me? Oh, sh!t! Wrong mic."

One of our gals was trying to get the P. A. to work.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.