A Special Request

Gypsy

I have your email you sent via the yahoo email

Do you want pictures and the like or just a description of what we do.

Maybe if you partnered a specific child up per person who volunteered that would be even better. That child could send a letter to who they are paired to.

I would be happy to send a letter to more than one kiddo if you have extra kids.

That is actually what I am trying to do. This way you wont get a mass of letters from all the kids but just one at a time. I'm not sure if the teacher that's next door wants to join in on this so I don't know if I"ll have 16 kids or 36. ( Ya I know it would be nice if she would answer me.) Monday they will be decorating their envolopes and I should have penny stamps by then. ( My bosses wanted this to be done by snail mail. My reply to that was: "Ya right. Welcome to this century emails." So we're compromising and they kids are going to "mail" their letters and I'm going to scan them and email them.)

Pictures would be great. Both of your gear and trucks as well as you if you're allowed to. I know my father who is a prison gaurd isn't allowed to show us what he looks like in uniform. Part of this project to me is showing the kids that EMS can be found anywhere and how it's alike or different. They know what EMS wears here. The posters are all over the walls and I've shown them. So it would be cool to them to see how the uniforms are different.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I game i've been an emt for 23 yrs you can 2wheelie to the list! Really good thing you are doing! Rock on!

Just send me what you need!

2wheelie

Ok the time line as it stands right now. Through today we are on spring break so I am missing alot of kids.

Monday- decorate envolopes and kids make their first letter. This first letter will be a hello letter/picture. I will try to scan them in that day but most likely they wont be until Tuesday.

The actually offical start of Community Helpers weeks is the first 2 weeks of May. Judging from the responces I have gotten I'm willing to start now.

The "hello" letters that the kids will be making will be sent to everyone as a big kick off.

From that if everyone could reply with a basic hello and where you are from and maybe a picture of you. I will have the kids pick who they want to write to first and go from there.

Though for us the thermic unit is only 2 weeks I'll have this cover the whole month of May since the kids and you guys have been so welcoming of it.

Sadly due to child protection laws I can not send actually pictures of the children and can not do cam-to-cam messenging. I can on the other hand have the kids draw pictures of themselves. I bring this up because a few of you have asked about it.

Don't be scared to ask anyone you work with if they want to add to your replies! The more the marrier I say!

(Please pardon all typos. I'm using the school computer and I'm not allowed to download the spell checker lol)

I am a nurse. While involved in transport and teaching, my role is not strictly EMS.

Take care,

chbare.

That's still healthcare. :) If you want to join in just send me your email and where you're from and I'll add you to the contact list.

While I am probably not going to be available to get involved, may I suggest any E-Mails re this assignment have "EMT City" in the subject line? At least you'll know what the sudden E-Mail from someone who's E-Address is unfamiliar to you is connected to.