Radiology art

Michael

Nice Michael but someone had way too mcuh time on their hands. Wonder what my purse would look like under the xray machine? :ph34r:

www.radiologyart.com --> About Section

METHODS

Stuelke acquires the images on an older four-slice CT scanner that is used for research. Most scan parameters include a 120kV tube voltage, 100mA current, 0.625mm slice thickness and interval, 1:1 pitch, 1.25mm beam collimation, and a speed of 1.25mm/rotation. The resulting DICOM images are then processed in Osirix software on a Macintosh iMac computer. Colors are assigned based on the varying densities of materials present throughout the object. Depending on the spread of densities within a particular subject, black or white backgrounds are chosen. Images are further processed in Adobe Photoshop for proper contrast and balance.

Also, I believe that once the scanner is actually acquired, the cost per use is much lower, and inf act if you use the machine more, the cost decreases but I could be completely wrong...just something i vaguely remember hearing or reading a few years ago?

Not a hospital CT scanner.... looks like a neat way to look at the world!

Edited by scubamedic

I can't find a reference to it now, but I once read about doctors and med students in the Soviet Union who played jazz as amateurs - jazz is very big in Russia. They were too poor to afford to hire recording studios, but discovered they could take discarded X-rays and somehow - I don't know how - record their music on these as if on the old vinyl records, and then listen to their performances later. They called it "playing the bones."

At least it's not like someone sitting on a xerox machine and copying their butts.

Other than boredom, time on their hands, letting go of someone's artistic side, etc. could they have thought that maybe it was practice. With all the image scanning things out there now for security, it could be practice of scanning a diverse aray of items.

Yea. that would have been my excuse. :whistle:

I, personally, found them fascinating. I wonder if they could use these types of images for teaching security personel to spot unusual variations in the items they are scanning. Either way, they're still pretty cool to look at. :thumbsup:

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.