Back Back Out

firedoc5

Didn't know to start another topic or not, or to add to the one that was already in use, but.... The day after I thanked everyone for their support I wound back up in the hosp. This time worse off, so they say. I know the night before was very rough. I swore I was having an EI. Finally by morning I got up moved around until about noon, then BAM. I know I had a near syncopal episode, but according to my wife I did go completely out. Of course she wouldn't let me up off the floor and called 911. The entire time I knew everything they were doing was over-kill. But I did hear my BP was 80-something over 60-something, and I believe my O2 sat was at 83 or something, I don't know. I just kept thinking just let me up, use my inhaler a couple of times and let me rest. But nooooo.

They took me to another hosp. than the one I usually go to and that was such a good move. I liked it much better. I just got out Monday.

But to make a long story short, they are over-killing things now. Now they want me on O2 24/7 at home, a total of a min. of 10 breathing treatments a day, which I believe may be a typo in there somewhere. And a bunch of other stuff.

I go for a follow up tomorrow where I'll get some of this straightened out. I don't need to be on home O2, don't need all the breathing treatments, etc.

What I do agree with is to stop smoking, albuteral breathing treatment PRN, combivent inhaler PRN or q 4 hrs. I don't know, it's all been pretty overwhelming. I should know more after tomorrow.

I thank you all ahead of time for putting up with me again, and I am open to any suggestions or comments.

Are you becoming a Drama King? ;)

Hope you get it all figured out and get back to good health. Hang in there and a piece of advice while the wife is concerned milk it for all its worth. :P

Didn't know to start another topic or not, or to add to the one that was already in use, but.... The day after I thanked everyone for their support I wound back up in the hosp. This time worse off, so they say. I know the night before was very rough. I swore I was having an EI. Finally by morning I got up moved around until about noon, then BAM. I know I had a near syncopal episode, but according to my wife I did go completely out. Of course she wouldn't let me up off the floor and called 911. The entire time I knew everything they were doing was over-kill. But I did hear my BP was 80-something over 60-something, and I believe my O2 sat was at 83 or something, I don't know. I just kept thinking just let me up, use my inhaler a couple of times and let me rest. But nooooo.

They took me to another hosp. than the one I usually go to and that was such a good move. I liked it much better. I just got out Monday.

But to make a long story short, they are over-killing things now. Now they want me on O2 24/7 at home, a total of a min. of 10 breathing treatments a day, which I believe may be a typo in there somewhere. And a bunch of other stuff.

I go for a follow up tomorrow where I'll get some of this straightened out. I don't need to be on home O2, don't need all the breathing treatments, etc.

What I do agree with is to stop smoking, albuteral breathing treatment PRN, combivent inhaler PRN or q 4 hrs. I don't know, it's all been pretty overwhelming. I should know more after tomorrow.

I thank you all ahead of time for putting up with me again, and I am open to any suggestions or comments.

What's an EI?

What does 83 O2 sat. feel like? Were you bluing anywhere?

I'd go with the treatment, which does sound like way overkill, and wean yourself off everything you can, AS you can.

Hang in there and keep your chin up.

Best wishes.

Robert

Hang in there doc - GET BETTER SOON and quit the smokin !

The entire time I knew everything they were doing was over-kill. But I did hear my BP was 80-something over 60-something, and I believe my O2 sat was at 83 or something, I don't know. I just kept thinking just let me up, use my inhaler a couple of times and let me rest. But nooooo.

Doesn't sound like overkill to me!

With that Sat rate, I'd hazard a guess you'd gone a bit Smurfy, there. Also, unless you are an ultra-marathoner (I know at least one of them), with a BP that low, you're heading towards one foot in the grave, the other on a banana peel.

What's an EI?

What does 83 O2 sat. feel like? Were you bluing anywhere?

I'd go with the treatment, which does sound like way overkill, and wean yourself off everything you can, AS you can.

Hang in there and keep your chin up.

Best wishes.

Robert

Sorry, EI, typo PE.

No one said anything about me being cyanotic, so I don't know.

Had my follow up yesterday and the doc wants me to stay on my current treatments until after a PFT on the 23rd. But she did agree on not worrying about the excessive breathing treatments for now. The way she put it was to not bother with the Nucomist unless congested. And I'm just going to use the PRN Albuteral as that, PRN. Of which I haven't needed.

As far as the quit smoking, I'm doing OK with it so far. But I still get these adrenaline rushes out of the blue that wants me to drive my head through a window. I warned the doc that when it's that peak time of wanting a smoke I'll be the whimpiest pt. there is.

Again, I appreciate everyone.

You mean you been gone again :iiam:

*I might be glad there is no bite me smilie* :devilish:

Welcome back Wayland glad you are doing better. That was not OVERKILL you are just being a typical health care worker. ;)

I just quit smoking too and yeah, it's tough. I smoked for twenty years so I know just how you feel in that regard. You can do it. The trick is to find something to keep your mind and hands busy whenever you get a craving. Woodshop, XBox, underwater basket weaving, whatever it takes.

Good luck man. Hope you recover soon.