Be careful what you post on facebook

Just Plain Ruff

No I said if they have the body for it go for it i didnt specify a body type. You were being a typical male and opted to choose I meant the model type. But once agian you are wrong my friend. I am sure there are magazines out there for the BBW as well as the penthouses and the likes of those.

So those w/o a body could not pose nude per you?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you imagine this being said to you:

Our company will not be able to hire you, as our legal department has decided that pictures of you on the web could be used to this company's detriment. We cannot have this.

Or:

The company has decided to let you go, as certain pictures of you that have appeared on line have been determined to be questionable, and potentially disruptive to the usually smooth operations of this company. Our competition could use these pictures to undermine us, disrupting our good name, by saying, "Look what that company allows it's employees to do".

So, my EMT City brothers and sisters, don't just think twice, think up to and beyond 5 times regarding any photo of you before posting it on YouTube, My Space, Facebook, or other similar sites.

Remember, a Miss America winner was stripped of her crown and title, after a photo of her was republished, showing her semi nude. Her unaccepted defense was, she had done the photo when she was under a cancer scare.

I just saw another string here on the site, called "Ok, who's partner is this?", showing a Canadian EMS worker who also is a belly dancer. She probably now is undergoing scrutiny on numerous levels by her EMS employer, as well as by voyeurs in general.

I just saw another string here on the site, called "Ok, who's partner is this?", showing a Canadian EMS worker who also is a belly dancer. She probably now is undergoing scrutiny on numerous levels by her EMS employer, as well as by voyeurs in general.
There is nothing wrong with what the individual was doing in the belly dancing video. It is from my understanding, a tremendous way to stay in shape, and a fairly grueling workout. The individual was not naked. She was merely demonstrating a very old art form.

We've managed to ditch most of the "EMS worker" moniker up here too btw. The benefit of having all levels of care called Paramedic.

And I'm with Jake on this one, nothing wrong with belly-dancing.

I have a facebook account, but there's nothing on there I wouldn't want an employer of family member to see. Largely they're photos from events I've been at that I wanted to share with everyone else that was there. Even still I'm considering shutting mine down for the rest of job application season and I don't even do anything "interesting."

I have a facebook account, but there's nothing on there I wouldn't want an employer of family member to see.

You can never be too sure. Simple things like music videos, names of favourite musical artists, statements about politics or the election, marital and parental status, or even discussions of hobbies or future plans can seriously work against you. Embarrassing? Maybe not. But employers may certainly use those things to come to an overall impression of you, and that can be a bad thing. You may think Barack Osama is the Messiah, but your potential employer may think he's the Antichrist. You may think that rap music is da schitt, but your potential employer may think it is the root of all evil. You may think your plans to be a firemonkey are awesome, but your potential employer may think it is just a sign that you're not planning to stay with him for very long.

Think before you post.

I just reviewed my Facebook profile with a super critical, pay nothing but lip-service to not discriminating looking for things the judge that wouldn't be on my resume or come up in an interview. Here's what I've determined people could learn about me.

1) I like science fiction and military history. I consider these things nerdy but don't care.

2) I'm a "fundamentalist agnostic"

3) I visit friends cottages from time to time. We drink beer, play cards, swim and repair docks

4) I go to Paramedic school and have pictures of lab.

5) I went to conferences. At these I danced. Not well.

6) My grandmother enjoyed looking at my pictures and looks forward to seeing me soon.

7) I support the troops.

8) While working at a summer camp I dressed up as the mad hatter once and was also involved in an intricate water balloon fight involving a trebuchet.

9) I once sang "You've lost that loving feeling" with a group of guys at a conference for someone's birthday. You can't hear it, but the picture makes it obvious that we probably sucked.

10) I played inner tube water polo.

The most problematic for an unscrupulous employer is likely "fundamentalist agnostic" and "I Support the Troops." If they don't want to hire me based on that despite my resume and interview I'd rather not work for them as it's likely I wouldn't last long with that boss.

I then Googled myself (that sounds kinda dirty) and found links to posts on here and EMS Village. I hope that I've comported myself well over the years and represented myself as a concerned future professional.

Interesting exercise looking for oneself online and seeing what shakes loose.

I then Googled myself

Well TMI. Thats reason no one hires you. lol

I think you tend to post pretty professional but again someone that is opinionated like dust might go read every post and if you had different opinion he might not hire. :twisted:

Wow i thought we lived in a free country. I cant believe that people would get fired for a facebook picture thats amazing. With this day and age and all the things we can do with photos whos to say it is that particular person in the photo or the photo wasn't from a million years ago. I know there are things that could bite me in the ass out there but what the hell we all have done things that are wrong and we know they are wrong. To those who are perfect good for you, you are the only ones worth while being the professionals.