EMS worker victim of homocide ....

crotchitymedic1986

Some of my coworkers are whining about our ballistic vests, saying we should sell them because of the budget crunch.

I'd fire their easily replaceable arses and hire people for half their salary in order to both help with the budget and make a profound statement about whining.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd fire their easily replaceable arses and hire people for half their salary in order to both help with the budget and make a profound statement about whining.

We have nice protective equipment (helmets, extrication turnouts, ballistic vests), and my cohorts whine and complain because "it's too hot", "it's too heavy", "it's too expensive"...give me a break. Then they violate policy by not wearing their protective gear when they're supposed to and THEY get pissed off about the discipline that follows. "We've never had a medic get shot since the service started!" Great argument. I tell them to be thankful that the powers that be decided to provide you with gear that most agencies couldn't care less about...they just want to meet the OSHA/USDOT minimums so they don't get in trouble. I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

Just as a mention, the union (Local 2507, Uniformed EMTs, Paramedics, and Fire Inspectors of the Fire Department of New York City, District Council 27, American Federation of State County and Municipal Employees) fought hard with the FDNY EMS Command to get soft body armor for the members.

But...

The last member of the service to be killed, last September, was off duty, and shot at his girlfriend's house, by the woman's ex. While still off duty and not a Line Of Duty Death, I want the guy prosecuted, if it has not already happened, to the fullest extent of the law, up to, and including, the death penalty. The State of New York currently does not have an active death penalty.

"We've never had a medic get shot since the service started!" Great argument. I tell them to be thankful that the powers that be decided to provide you with gear that most agencies couldn't care less about...they just want to meet the OSHA/USDOT minimums so they don't get in trouble. I feel like I'm talking to a wall.

Yeah, because it would be so much better if ATC waited for someone to get shot before they did something about it, lol. Morons. You KNOW that those same idiots would be the first ones to whine if that happened. Seriously, such people are too stupid to practise medicine.

Why has no one has tried mass Prisoner killings (they are locked behind fences and easy to pick off) ... this would be a very trendy band wagon to jump on and the shooter would go down in history as a HERO as opposed to a killer of the innocent ... and sure would save a lot of tax payers dollars in short and long run ... just saying.

Dude, you sound a little dark and angry. Did the hockey players strike? :lol:

I don't know about a hero, but I do agree that the world would be a little better off if the VT shootings had been at Virginia State Pen. I agree all lives are created equal, but the value of a persons who grew up to be a rapist does not equal the life of the average citizen.

Now that this thread has gone on for 4 pages, has anyone else noticed the misspelling in the thread title? Looks like a little homoerotic Freudian slip on crotchity's part. Coincidence? You decide.

Now that this thread has gone on for 4 pages, has anyone else noticed the misspelling in the thread title?

I don't know the individual. I'll take the spelling error as just that, an error that didn't get caught until just now.

I don't know the individual. I'll take the spelling error as just that, an error that didn't get caught until just now.

Richard, if you don't know crotchity then you must have had your head in a hole, lol. He has been responsible for many of our more "verbal" threads for the past few weeks.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.