Professionalism all around. Allegedly.

Michael

As long as you do not say you are a Police Officer there should not be any grounds for arresting some one for just wearing a shirt. If you say you are a cop and you aren't then that makes you an imposter, but just wearing a tee shirt that can be bought as a novelty item is not a crime in itself. But then again drunk people do not show good judgement at times and they all want to impress the girls so he might have told them he was who knows but a good topic for discussion here. Alot of people wear shirts that have ARMY, AIR FORCE, MARINES on them but they are no way associated with the military. Its just a mixed up world we live in I guess.

I don't believe going as far as wearing a police uniform with a imitation badge is against the law unless you are actively trying to uphold the law. Otherwise halloweeners/costume parties/male strippers would be arrested all the time!

Jeez, I may have to pack up my tear-away police uniform :shock:

I don't believe going as far as wearing a police uniform with a imitation badge is against the law unless you are actively trying to uphold the law. Otherwise halloweeners/costume parties/male strippers would be arrested all the time!

That is an image we did not need. :x

STRIPPERS WHERE? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

What if the shirt was a promotion for the old 80's Musical Band, I hear they are making a comeback ? But this is a good point regarding the unprofessional state of EMS/Fire these days. Since we opted to start wearing t-shirts instead of uniform shirts. Just throw on a t-shirt that says EMS or Fire somewhere on it, and you are suitable to respond to calls.

Same is true for the hospital industry, with everyone wearing scrubs, with their name badge on backwards (so you cant see their name and title), you do not know if the hospital employee in front of you is an LPN, Tech, RN, Respiratory Tech, MD, or part of the housekeeping team.

What if the shirt was a promotion for the old 80's Musical Band, I hear they are making a comeback ? But this is a good point regarding the unprofessional state of EMS/Fire these days. Since we opted to start wearing t-shirts instead of uniform shirts. Just throw on a t-shirt that says EMS or Fire somewhere on it, and you are suitable to respond to calls.

We're allowed to substitue a T-shirt for our uniform shirt during lab. I choose to wear my uniform shirt because I prefer it. But I don't think a t-shirt alone is a huge problem. A profesional, competent provider can overcome that. They key is clean and presentable.

Same is true for the hospital industry, with everyone wearing scrubs, with their name badge on backwards (so you cant see their name and title), you do not know if the hospital employee in front of you is an LPN, Tech, RN, Respiratory Tech, MD, or part of the housekeeping team.

This one's really bugged me in the past and when I was visiting a family member in hospital at one of the big regional hospitals a couple countys over I saw it well dealt with. Only medical personnel were wearing scrubs. Houskeeping, IT, food service all had very comfortable looking uniforms with a golf shirt like top in a matching colour for their department and their job embroidered on it. So if you saw scrubs they were only on those working with patients. Seems like a small thing but it made a difference to my impression of things as I walked around.

I have an FBI hat that I actually bought in person at the academy in Quantico, VA. Im special and have connections like that :o

Because of obvious reasons I very very very rarley ever wore it. Its not thoes cheap hats that just say FBI on them either, that you get from some street vender.

In my hardcore wannabe (potentially whacker) I received from a friend one of the Toronto EMS summer uniform T-shirts. I loved the thing but the closer I got to deciding I wanted to make EMS my career after school, the less I wore it. Now it's a pajama or around the house only shirt.