Professionalism all around. Allegedly.

Michael

Well, until it's illegal to sell Police, FBI, Security, Sheriff, etc. shirts as novelty items.. I don't really see what the cops can do about it? Was there something behind the story? I see another abuse of the badge, officer with a power trip, case. Too bad they didn't get video, that's one of my favorite youtube topics. I admit, I like to push the envelope sometimes if we get a cocky officer.

Does this mean that we can track down, harass and detain people who wear the clothing sold by fire departments all across the world? :lol: Gonna be a sharp rise in call volume in the Tri-State region of NY. Every firefighter in NYS & New Jersey is going to get taken down a peg or two by FDNY.

OK I don't know about Belleville but around here if you are wearing a shirt that says you are part of LE and your not you are givin and extremely hard time My small town the almost the entire police department lives in town or the immediate area outside of town then a majority of us are reserve officers. I do not know if it is truly illegal but it is frowned upon for the generic rent-a-cop to look like our police force. My town has actually stopped using a certain company because they wore badges that looked like our officers and there jackets said enforcement on them. Now do I neccesarily agree with all of this no but I do agree with most of it. Rent-a-cops and non LEO's should not be allowed to represent themselves as LEO's, just like I believe that non EMS people should not be allowed to represent themselves as EMS providers....geee that is a thought huh....

4c you beat me to the bunch....

You can purchase shirts like that at pretty much any surplus store around. It's not illegal to just wear one, as far as I'm aware... I want to know the other half of the story though.

I wonder if he was being an asshat at the party. That might account for someone tipping off a police friend to get this guy harassed...

Wendy

CO EMT-B

I do not personally know this guy, but I do know several people who are EMTs and security guards. All of them try to give people the impression they are cops without actually coming out and saying it. One has pulled people over (and got caught by the real PD), one of the others keep a large toy gun under his shirt so you can see it poking through the shirt. Like I said, I don't know this guy but there seems to be a certain personality type that does these sort of things.

I do not personally know this guy, but I do know several people who are EMT's and security guards. All of them try to give people the impression they are cops without actually coming out and saying it. One has pulled people over (and got caught by the real PD), one of the others keep a large toy gun under his shirt so you can see it poking through the shirt. Like I said, I don't know this guy but there seems to be a certain personality type that does these sort of things.

The only way for professionalism to ever happen-is the caliber of people in the profession-they need to act profesionally,look professional,Dress Professional looking. the above is stupid people acting outside there bounds and intelligence- as far as the Law Enforcement t-shirts-they are produced for the Officers and family members of the Officers, same with FD shirts, and EMS shirts, there are people like me that collect those, but I have been the above and i wear some of my shirts, but if asked i can back it up--the guy being arrested at the party-well different states have diff laws on impersonating an officer-

Here in Colorado -Impersonation of a Officer,Firefighter,EMT is a Felony. But that requires an act to go with it, such as stopping a car or threatening someone with arrests.. so much for my soap box....... 8)