Never Trust Regis and Kelly

Chief1C

So, I was channel surfing one morning, and caught this product on Regis & Kelly. It's a canned, organic, pancake batter. The batter blaster. http://www.batterblaster.com/ I was in Sam's Club, and picked up a three can pack, and this Presto FlipSide Belgian Waffle Maker that was on R&K, too. Well, the maker sat on the floor of my closet for about three months. The batter cans last for-frickin-ever, so age wasn't a problem. I ran through the steps, and it turned out three, very, very, brown Belgian waffles. I pour on the Mrs. Butterworths, and...

laquin561.jpg

OH MY GAWD. I have never tasted anything, more vial, in all my life. That stuff leaves an after taste, as if I've been sucking on a handful of deep fried pennies. Similar to the taste of blood. :? Typical of the day, someone stops by right around dinner time. :roll: So.. I said, go ahead. Same reaction. Anyhoo, it was so bad, I just had to write about it.

SMILEY15.gif

well dont throw out the waffle maker. just go buy you a box of Krusteaz Belgian Waffle Mix (about $2-4.00), add some water and mix -- makes great waffles:

http://www.krusteaz.com/brands/krusteaz/pa...e_waffle_mixes/

There are other brands, but this one makes the best belgian waffles in my opinion.

Everyone knows that Regis and Kelly would NEVER endorse a bad product, so it MUST have been that Mrs. Butterworth was the cause!

I don't even do spray whipped cream, because of the 'metalic taste' I sometimes can detect. Even my beer comes from glass bottles, or I don't drink it.

I too have had this product and it was so vile that I spit out the first bite. My son saw my reaction and he refused to even try it.

So we went back to the old standby Bisquik and made some YUMMY waffles.

Bisquik or Krusteaz, for the win, Regis and kelly FAIL

Well my bottomless pits will eat anything till now they absoultely hated them. That is saying alot for that product so I will not be buying anymore.

I am with riff raff on the bisquick for pancakes and regular waffles and for Belguim Waffles I use a recipe I found on line it makes good ones.

We have the same waffle iron, but I don't think we ever used the stuff that came with it.

Between day time talk shows and soap operas, TV during the day sux. I'd rather watch Sesame Street.

Regis & Kelly, can you say fake as anyone can get?