Have you ever ............. be honest now.

crotchitymedic1986

Have You Had Sexual Relations While On Duty  

65 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

Mobey said:

Hmmm... out of the thousands of members on this board... 18 people have admitted it!! 18...... think about that! And your right, I do think you worked at an unprofessional place, and I believe you are a strong member of the "good ol boys" club

I beg to differ with your statistical analysis. You can only go by how many who have honestly answered the poll, not the number of readers of the poll (only votes count).

As of this morning the count was 21 yes to 25 no's -- which means that 45% of respondents have (which is pretty close to half). So are nearly half of all EMS workers unprofessional ? And before you say 46 respondents can not speak for all of EMS, statistically it is probably accurate, as this poll was asked of a broad cross-section of EMS workers in many countries/states, so it is probably very accurate. If I had only asked 46 people from one EMS company, or one state, or only polled 911 or only private companies, an arguement could be made that the numbers might be inaccurate.

This is an anonymous international forum.

There is no way to tell who voted what from where and what their credential actually is. How many are just messing around because they can?

How dare you make such a broad statement!

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some generic polls that were dug up on google are interesting on the subject. As you look at these remember that these are "traditional workplaces" that probably do not have access to beds or allow for so much alone-time between two coworkers as EMS does. Most of the polls that I have found on the subject put the sex at work rate at between 20-45% in the traditional work environment.

http://www.faniq.com/poll_results.php?poll...37211&rnum=

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/200...-sex-poll-20082

http://community.travelchinaguide.com/forum2.asp?i=49814

I also found several polls about viewing sexually explicit materials on work computers, that put the average of those who have done it at 40-70%. So if the vast majority are thinking about sex while at work, it is not that big of a stretch to think a high percentage have actually had sex at work.

How dare you make such an accusation against your fellow board members. It is anonymous, so there is no reason to believe that these people LIED in the poll. What proof do you have to justify your claim of the people in this forum are dishonest ?

Do you really not understand the security and validity of an anonymous forum?

Any of the many thousand lurkers who have a sign on name could have voted. Also, many of us who did post may not have voted. Those 18 votes or whatever may not be any of us that have posted or it could be only one or two.

What are you out to prove?

I hope you're planning to respond to my rather lengthy post from yesterday.

Don't be scared! Speak!

Wendy

CO EMT-B

Sorry wendy, i read your post from yesterday, but i didnt really see a specific question for me, maybe i missed it. But to answer your main point: I have not advocated for or against the activity, I just asked questions on the subject, and then asked follow up questions to the answers given. For instance, when you and I started talking about being masters of our domains, I simply asked you why one sex act was OK in your eyes, while another wasnt ? I never stated that either was right or wrong. For all you know, you and I may just be on the same page on this topic.

*Mobey thinks someone needs to argue to make his presence known*

Bet he drives a vehicle with a really loud exhaust too.

Hey Eyedawn and Vent, don't get too worked up, this has simply turned into a "Yaaa, Noooo, Yaaaa, Noooo" there is no teachable moment here, crotchity has made his mind up and he is too arrogant to see the error of his ways. He is not in our profession anymore so the best we can do is drop the subject before he damages our profession further. :roll:

Again I make a point.... 25 people have said yes, How many thousands of members again?? There is no way to validate any of the "Yes" votes... it could have been you 25 times! Please don't mistaken a public anonymous poll for actual science.

It is not arrogance, it is common sense -- this page does not allow you to vote more than once. So to vote over and over again, you would need to have as many different screen names as your votes. And as entertaining as I have found the topic, I do not think it is worth the effort to log in over and over again to vote. Do you honestly believe that the number of medics who have had sex on the job is really a small percentage ? Do you think that it is less than the average of a normal workplace environment ?

Just because you dont know about it, doesnt mean it didnt happen. Many people are smart enough to do it without getting caught, or bragging about it.

And by your logic, only 27 out of thousands have said "NO" they havent, so does that mean thousands have had sex, because they havent voted no yet ?

Bet he drives a vehicle with a really loud exhaust too.

I have to vote YES in that poll, not because Mobey wants a overly loud muffler ... its because as a student and a working guy .. he can't afford to fix it ! :P

Got to strongly agree with Vent on this comment:

1. Rumors: Do also occur when i.e. an crew meets an staff member in an gay-club, strip club, the headquarter of a sect, where he is "first aiding" before the ambulance arrives.... just for example... Did the staff member do anything unprofessional? I would say no... Unprofessional are the people that create the rumors...

Rumours have destroyed very good peoples lives ...

Me, personally, no, and even I had, I would never admit to it. The key to nookie with a co-worker is to to keep it on the down low, and then deny it to everyone, always. At least, that's what I've heard.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.