Have you ever ............. be honest now.

crotchitymedic1986

Have You Had Sexual Relations While On Duty  

65 members have voted

1. 1.

• yes
    • no

In light of Hillary Clinton getting her new job today, I was instantly reminded of Bill's famous quote, " I did not have sexual relations with that woman !". So I wonder, have any of you had sexual relations WHILE ON DUTY ? And please dont ask for a definition of "sexual relations", we all know what is and isnt sex (female and male together with genitals involved in one way or another --- no if the other guys at your fire house painted your testicles with hydrant paint, that does not count)

Please, no gory details, just answer the poll question.

A question was asked and was answered. Why argue with answers? More issues and questions came up were commented on and answered. Why argue what was said? People gave their answer along with comments and opinions and their stories, why argue with that?

When you ask a question, especially a poll, you don't argue with the answers and/or results. They are what they are. So, some have had sexual encounters while on duty. There were yes and no answers. And for this to be the "Funny Stuff" it quickly became unfunny somewhere.

Crotchity, did you post this poll to get humorous answers and/ or for kick's & giggles, or did you know that this type of question would get people riled up. Is that fun or funny for you? Because not too many people are laughing.

There seems to be a lot of posters that didn't have an answer, only comments and opinions. If you didn't have a yes or no question, why post?

I'll jump off my little soap box again. I'm sure there will be some kind of rebuttal.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A question was asked and was answered. Why argue with answers? More issues and questions came up were commented on and answered. Why argue what was said? People gave their answer along with comments and opinions and their stories, why argue with that?

When you ask a question, especially a poll, you don't argue with the answers and/or results. They are what they are. So, some have had sexual encounters while on duty. There were yes and no answers. And for this to be the "Funny Stuff" it quickly became unfunny somewhere.

Crotchity, did you post this poll to get humorous answers and/ or for kick's & giggles, or did you know that this type of question would get people riled up. Is that fun or funny for you? Because not too many people are laughing.

There seems to be a lot of posters that didn't have an answer, only comments and opinions. If you didn't have a yes or no question, why post?

I'll jump off my little soap box again. I'm sure there will be some kind of rebuttal.

Exactly Doc, when I answered on the first page I thought it was just for laughs (being in the funny section).

I did not realize I was going to be called an "unprofessional generation" and be told that sex at work is happening in MY quarters, hospital etc, etc, and I was too stupid to see it!

Again.... Crotchity is an attention seeking simpleton (my opinion UNTIL PROVEN OTHERWISE), I believe science... not opinion, I will NOT believe sex at the hospital/EMS station is common in professional services until it is proven!

Good point firedoc, the post was originally intended to be funny, but it has spiraled away from that, and yes i will take most of the blame for it. So to all board readers, please accept my apologies, I will have no further comment nor will I debate anyone else about this thread.

Mobey, i am not sure Firedoc was backing yours or my position, rather i think he was telling both of us to grow up. We should be able to disagree without insulting each other.

Thanks Firedoc.

Fun and funny can be interpeted very differently. Nigger and Jew jokes can be quite funny but also offensive.

I don't want people in the community believing that almost half of the EMS providers are having sex while on duty. I would like people to look at us as medical professionals and not wondering if what they just read on this forum is true.

Now all we need is another thread about "we don't get no respect".

Fun and funny can be interpreted very differently. Nigger and Jew jokes can be quite funny but also offensive.

I don't want people in the community believing that almost half of the EMS providers are having sex while on duty. I would like people to look at us as medical professionals and not wondering if what they just read on this forum is true.

Now all we need is another thread about "we don't get no respect".

I can see your point VM. When it comes down to it we do have to be professionals. But this is just for our own little forum that the main stream community does not see. Sure there may be some lurkers, but I don't think on a whole, what is said here is going to effect the general population. If the same poll, meant to be funny, was posted like in a corporate forum, it too will not be squeaky clean. So don't fret about it.

We all work in different work places. We all work different hours. Some may have the opportunity more often than others while on duty. If those consenting "adults" used common sense they would have respect of when and where. And there are differences between 'making love' and just 'having sex'. But no matter how you interpret it, it's going to happen eventually.

We could go on and on, back and forth, on all these issues. It's not funny anymore, so let's just drop it. Unless someone else just wants to give a yes or no answer.

I can see your point VM. When it comes down to it we do have to be professionals. But this is just for our own little forum that the main stream community does not see. Sure there may be some lurkers, but I don't think on a whole, what is said here is going to effect the general population. If the same poll, meant to be funny, was posted like in a corporate forum, it too will not be squeaky clean. So don't fret about it.

If the public or anyone picks from the continously scrolling recent posts, they may not see the "funny" category.

The internet is an amazing thing. EMS providers always complain the public doesn't know much about EMTs and Paramedics. Guess what happens when this site appears through the search engine as the public does investigate? That is not too farfetched since everywhere I turn in two states there are posters about EMS and Fire left over from the election. Of course, it could now appear in a search by those that are looking for something about sex in a fire station or ambulance to add to their fantasies.

Not too long ago a quote from one forum about chemical restraint and other methods of "knocking" a patient unconscious was used by a reporter in an article about the routine use of Versed in the field and then getting a consent. It did not paint a pretty picture and give the reporter fuel to investigate further by whatever means. EMS providers often wonder how reporters get their ideas for stories, particularly those that are scandalous, and don't realize they often give them plenty of ideas just by reading the posts. While the credibility of what is said on these forums may be questionable, it would be relatively easy to interview these in EMS. You will always find someone who wants to chat about both the good and the bad.

Considering how we have members here that are in no way associated with EMS providers, I would venture that this site IS 'accessible to the general public'!

Since it IS accessible to the general public, whether for just perusing the forums or actually joining and getting into the chat room....it CAN and WILL affect the general public's view of EMS.

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.