Remove 12 Lead from ambulances ???????

If you can't have fun with this job, what's the point

Making some aspects of the job fun can definitely be acceptable. However, getting your jollies at the expense of a patient is not acceptable. Luckily California has redesigned their EMSA site that makes it easy to report and track people who abuse their title of EMT or Paramedic in ways that is not in the best interest of the patient or the profession.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately, thanks to the self perpetuated shortage, they have also made it easy for such losers to just move down the road to the next county and continue their crimes.

No, but they could be to the 4 out of 7 that have one within 15 minutes on a bad day. I hardly ever hear them use 12 lead actually.

Yea but how would you make the decision to goto the cath lab hospital w/o a 12 lead to diagnose STEMI? ...and no I don't want to be moving leads around. What does the time to the ER have to do with doing a 12 lead? It will help the pt. and crew make the right transport decision. I fail to see how your argument makes sense at all.

BTW, a 12 lead takes only 2-3 mins tops to do.

Are you even a medic? lol If you aren't how can you make an informed decision about 12 leads?

Yea but how would you make the decision to goto the cath lab hospital w/o a 12 lead to diagnose STEMI? ...and no I don't want to be moving leads around. What does the time to the ER have to do with doing a 12 lead? It will help the pt. and crew make the right transport decision. I fail to see how your argument makes sense at all.

BTW, a 12 lead takes only 2-3 mins tops to do.

Are you even a medic? lol If you aren't how can you make an informed decision about 12 leads?

No Im an EMT, but you really want me to listen to an "ambodriver"? interesting.....

I had a NH pt with a medic of ours, the hospital is literaly 2 minutes away, by the time he even got the leads out on teh patient, we were at the hospital, made no sense.

However, he is not exactly a fast medic, hes very slow, very book smart but not a speedy person..

But thats my opinion of a 12 lead...

No Im an EMT, but you really want me to listen to an "ambodriver"? interesting.....

I had a NH pt with a medic of ours, the hospital is literaly 2 minutes away, by the time he even got the leads out on teh patient, we were at the hospital, made no sense.

However, he is not exactly a fast medic, hes very slow, very book smart but not a speedy person..

But thats my opinion of a 12 lead...

Yeah, my name is meant to be funny!

Ok, now lets say that patient was having a STEMI, and the hospital you transported to did not have a cath lab. A quick 12 lead would have been able to diagnose this, and you could have transported to the correct hospital so that your original destination did not have to call a private service (taking forever) and wait....for t/p to the correct facility. Time is tissue right? So that 2-5 mins "wasted" on a 12 lead actually could save about 1 hour of time to the cath. lab. Getting to the hospital is not our only job. We have diagnostic tools we can use to better help our patients.

For a pt. having a STEMI the definitive tx is the cath. lab. By not doing that 12 lead, and not diagnosing a STEMI (if infact she was having one) you could have done more harm than good to your patient. Diesal is not always the best medicine.

Yeah, my name is meant to be funny!

Ok, now lets say that patient was having a STEMI, and the hospital you transported to did not have a cath lab. A quick 12 lead would have been able to diagnose this, and you could have transported to the correct hospital so that your original destination did not have to call a private service (taking forever) and wait....for t/p to the correct facility. Time is tissue right? So that 2-5 mins "wasted" on a 12 lead actually could save about 1 hour of time to the cath. lab. Getting to the hospital is not our only job. We have diagnostic tools we can use to better help our patients.

For a pt. having a STEMI the definitive tx is the cath. lab. By not doing that 12 lead, and not diagnosing a STEMI (if infact she was having one) you could have done more harm than good to your patient. Diesal is not always the best medicine.

Ok..

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.